Yesterday morning, I got up and went to the pool, then to the diner in town for brekky with the swim friends. There were only a few of us, and the highlight was when one fellow actually spit out his milk in sudden laughter. You couldn't fake it that well, it was perfect, yet it was spontaneous. Charlie said something so hilarious, and he wasn't even meaning to be funny. oh dear.
In the mean time, Miss Evelyn was having a really rough time. She had a headache that was getting worse and worse, so she wanted me to come help Nate with baby and with Newton the French Bull dog, while she went in for an appointment...well, she ended up going to the Emergency Room, for fluids and bloodwork, just to rule some things out. I drove up there and took her to see her dr. afterward, it seems it was a really bad migraine.
I did get to sit and hold one small Bridget, who made funny faces. She smiled and raised her eyebrows in her sleep. She wriggled and tooted and snuggled, she's like a little doll. I think Evelyn is feeling a bit better. (Nate is very patient and so good with baby!)
Then, because it's always something, Grace got sick and ended up in the hospital, I don't know if I'm free to share details, so I'll just say that she thinks she'll be okay, but today is Ruth's birthday and Sam is home with the kids. So, I have birthday presents and am going to stop and get a cake, and head up there so Sam can go see Grace or pick her up or whatever has to be done.
These are the times I am super glad I don't work!
Ugh, I'll tell you something awful. I have a molar that has a very expensive crown, yet it insists on giving me trouble. The dentist told me a few years back that it's best to yank it, but there's no hurry. I went a few years with no trouble, then had an infection. Then nothing for a long while. It flared back up in the wintertime when I had a brand new knee, so I called and got an antibiotic quickly. Well, this past week it started in again...I'll spare you the details...but I happen to have a dentist appointment next week, so I called this morning and have to go pick up antibiotics today. (I am thankful, so very thankful to live in these times! I would be SO dead by now!). I'm sure we'll revisit the tooth pulling conversation on Tuesday.
Charlotte Claire and Camille are going camping in the Adirondacks this fine day, for the weekend. They've been packing and prepping! Kathryn and Margaret are going too, it's a girls' trip. I sent my broom and solar lanterns and a tablecloth, and my favorite tent. They are going to have so much fun!
It'll be quiet here again though....
Anyway. I need to get moving...have a really good summer day! Go bare feet in the grass and get some sunshine on your face!

No comments:
Post a Comment