summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

a little rest today, maybe??

Janet, my sister's daughter, took the official photos, but I got some on my junky camera, too....here is Janet with Ashley and Ben...



Samuel James with Camille Anaya







Abigail Marie, the maid of honor....







Emily Anne with Charlotte Claire....my oldest daughter and the fifteenth child...Emily is old enough to be her mother....but don't tell her I said that....






Abigail with Camille





Cupcakes are yummy, Camille










oops, this one again...






I put these up backwards, but here is Ashley cleaning up the frosting from...


the cupcake fight...Evelyn couldn't believe they did this.













There were plenty of cupcakes...Cheryl made the cakes, they matched well and were all so pretty. And yummy.








cutting the cake....even though the cupcakes had already been gotten into.
























The Mr. and Mrs.......right as Paul went to hug and congratulate them













Here comes the bride....








Suzanne with the flower girls, Charlotte Claire and Camille...















Miss Mali Rose














The punch fountain was fascinating to Jonathan and Charlotte Claire and Camille












Suzanne Eleanor with Charlotte Claire






Joseph, 19, Sam, 15, and Aaron, 18, with Jonathan...they said they are vampires....













The young and lovely mom of the groom


















Miss Charlotte Claire













Christmas Day...Emily had just gotten back from India, and had some treats in her suitcase for the kids....
And now it is December 28th, and phew....nothing pressing to do....the house is rather needy, but other than that....and Paul and all the older ones are going to the Dome this afternoon/evening, life goes on....but oh my goodness we had a nice wedding!!! I wish I had taken pictures of the table settings and the food we prepared....Even though it was last minute, we had little favors with tags with their names and the date, and the tables were decorated so nicely. The food turned out so good! Joseph and Aaron cooked the wings, about six hundred of them, and Mali made the sauces, hot Buffalo, and barbecue. She also made the salad dressing, which came out just as I had envisioned, it was like the Olive Garden salad....we put black olives and pepperocinis and red onions and cherry tomatoes and croutons and parmesan cheese and green peppers and cucumbers in it....then there were rolls and Italian bread with butter, and butter and garlic pasta bowties....
There were eighty something people at the wedding, I was pleasantly surprised at the turnout on such a cold windy night. It was brutally cold out there. But it was warm and cozy in the hall where the wedding took place.
Miss Janet took some family pictures, so I am hoping she reads this and: sets up a Walmart photo account, selects some nice pictures, and orders them with her mother's credit card, and has them shipped directly to my house! I will pay you back, Jan....perhaps if I get some nice family pictures, I will send out my Christmas cards...perhaps
So Janet, thank you, and Claire, and Audrey, and Miss Becky....thank you all so much for all your help with your cousin's wedding....and we could not have pulled it off without my older childrens' total dedication and uncomplaining work in the kitchen, Joseph and Aaron and Sam and Mirielle and Mali and Margaret (who also played the piano for the ceremony), and the younger ones like Kathryn and Evelyn and Sonja who helped with finishing touches, and kept the younger kids busy while we did those last minute things.....
I am glad it is over, but part of me wishes I could live it again, it is like a blur....I am looking forward to seeing the nicer pictures that Janet took.
And we also had a nice Christmas...Kathryn got a Wii Fit, so it is being played almost constantly. I haven't tried it yet, but it is amazing. Jonathan got a few Nerf guns, and one hundred two extra bullets. There have been wars here. Nerf wars. Aaron got a really nice camera, which he used yesterday also. Charlotte Claire and Camille got plastic princess high heels and princess dolls.....I got slippers - two pairs...and kitchen towels and cashews from India, and some spatulas and silverware. And sixteen good children....(when I was growing up, whenever we asked my mother what she wanted for her birthday or for Christmas, she always said, "seven good children"....)



























4 comments:

Ashley said...

the wedding looks and sounds beautiful!!! Good job, momma! It was so nice to be pulled together with all your family helping. That's what I want...all my kids making light work of big events in the future! Awesome...the bride is so beautiful and Ben looks so happy. Congratulations!

mommeeof10 said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! Do you remember being so young and in love, verses being a mature married couple, still in love? I barely remember our wedding 22 years ago, time flies by so fast.

Ashley said...

as usual, I didn't change the google account...haha. If you get comments from Ashley, they are really Holly. She is the one always logged in. :)

Book Lover said...

Oh Della, what a wonderful wedding! Everything looked great and Ben and Ashley are a very good looking couple! I bet you're exhausted, in a good way though. I am totally impressed that you pulled everything off in such a short time. Enjoy the rest of your week and RELAX!
Blessings,

Kim Chrisman

BTW: you looked waay too young to be the mother of the groom!