summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, December 13, 2010

windy chilly monday morning...

But like every other day, Miss Rosie-The-Bad-Dog has to go out. The other morning, I let her go without her leash because the deck steps were so slippery. So she ran out, peed in her pee spot, came running back towards me, stopped and looked at me, then turned around and ran over to the neighbor's house. I tell ya, if I had had Sam's airsoft gun in my hand, I would have pegged her defiant little behind. Of course, then she would never come home. It's a lose-lose situation, if I scold her when she comes back, she thinks I am scolding her for coming back. rrr. The thing is, she responds to male voices, even 15 year old Sam is Master-y enough for her to listen to. If I try to call her in a no-nonsense deep tone, I just sound like an idiot, and she totally ignores me.

So this morning, I used the leash, and out we went. And it was COLD!

And, Jonathan gets a day off from school! He has a very good reason to stay home. His coat zipper came totally off. And I have not found his nice jacket from last year. I am guessing he left it somewhere? I mean, a coat doesn't just disapear. But it did, and his warm fleece is wet, wouldn't have had time to take a ride in the dryer, so he stayed home. My plan is to go shopping when Mirielle gets home and try to get him another coat. Since I don't like to lie to the nurse, I think I will just not pick up the phone when she calls.....because it sounds pretty lame, the whole thing....."Jonny doesn't have a coat.." I can just hear myself.....(he wore one of his sister's to church yesterday....)

And I have the broken nose and the swollen jaw phone calls to make.

Charlotte Claire is sitting here in her kitty suit playing MarioCart Wii. She is addicted to it. I have never experienced a four year old that loves playing videogames so much. She is getting pretty darned good at it, and she DOES look cute in that kitty suit.

Today is Abigail Marie's 24th birthday. Oh, the day she was born.....when I had Emily, I was stuck in bed all day, she was transverse, I had to sign all the papers for a cesarean before they put me under and did a forceps delivery....so when it was time to go into the delivery room to have Abigail, I kept saying I couldn't do it, I needed to be put out. I was probably in transition, because she was born pretty quickly after that. We angered the doctor by waiting so long before we went to the hospital, I was 6-7 centimeters when we got there, she was born less than two hours later. I was just bound and determined not to go to the hospital and be confined to the bed like I was with Emily. Things have changed so much since then. Back when I had the first few, the nurses were still doing the whole shaving thing. Anyways, I texted Miss Abigail and wished her a Happy Birthday, and she said she would text me later during her lunch time. She is a wonderful daughter. She is very responsible, practical, and organized, yet she laughs at everything. Her and I have been known to have laughing fits over the most ridiculous things. She is a true servant, she took Sonja and Jon to her apartment for a while yesterday. She always lends a hand when she comes over, and she has many responsiblities in our church. She shares a birthday with her cousin Claire, my sister's daughter, who is one year younger than Abigail. They are both going to Katie's house this evening to celebrate, so wah, we will have to do something a different night.

Mirielle is going to kill me if I am sitting here on this thing when she gets home. She has a final, then she is done for the day, so I better get moving if we are going shopping. She hates when I say I will be ready, and then two hours after she gets home, I am finally going out the door. She warned me today, too....

1 comment:

Martha said...

Happy Birthday to Abigail!
(Aren't they all your favorites?)

I lucked out on the shaving deal. Never was "prepped" even once.