summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, November 27, 2011

almost bed time for the banshees...

They have been active this afternoon. Camille fell and got a nice fat lip while twirling around and doing ballet. Then she was attempting to walk on Jon's back for him on the couch, when down she went. Last evening, they "trashed" their room. Emptied Duplos and Waffletown, dumped dress-up clothes and dollies, Barbies everywhere...laughing their heads off and being just generally full of the devil.

I wonder if it is the time of the year, if they get excited. I don't know.

Today was a good day. Church, eating together after, having some fellowship with friends after. Home, out for a second walk/run without Rosie-The-Arm-Pulling dog. It was sixty degrees out, and the leaves smelled yummy down in the woods. Dinner was leftover taco salad or leftover turkey and gravy and potatoes. I chose the taco salad, with no taco chips, just lots of veggies and the taco meat. It is not easy to forgo the carbs, but it is the only way for me. I have two extra pounds on me from last week, doesn't sound like much, but it was SO hard to lose in the first place, I don't want it back!

No more pie for me.

It smells so good in here, there is a piece of beef roasting in the oven, Paul is going to make jerky in the dehyrdator.

I spent some time with my niece Katie today, Cheryl's daughter. She is having a baby in January. I am so excited for her! She is married to Dave, and they have one daughter, Grace, who is Sonja's age. (I was there when Grace was born, and have always felt a special bond). Kate has Crohn's disease, and suffers much from it. This pregnancy hasn't been easy for her, but then, her life hasn't been easy. She was diagnosed with cancer when she was eight, leukemia, and took it like a little trooper. She is a teacher now, over at the school my kids attend. She is amazing, really. Sonja and Suzanne spent the afternoon over at their house today.

We have stacks of presents wrapped, thanks to Sonja, Kathryn, Evelyn. I am trying to get things ready for Christmas, since we are leaving next week for Jamaica. When we get back, it will be almost time for Ben and Ashley to come home, almost time for Christmas.

Motivation. I have it. I am almost afraid it will go back where it came from one of these days, which is I don't know where. I just know I am glad I have it. It will happen, I will get thin and in shape. When the scale is going down, I get so totally excited and ambitious, and can just almost see the future, how I am going to be able to move more and fit into anything I want to. When the scale doesn't move, it makes me mad, makes me try harder. When it is going UP, I get really resolved to get it back in the right direction. Of course it is all fine and easy to feel this way, but it is TRIED faith that is more precious than gold...and there will be temptations. I wanted ice cream tonight, I wanted taco chips, I wanted pie. I wanted mashed potatoes and gravy. I wanted chips today, I wanted cookies. But I didn't have them. I just didn't. It doesn't kill me, but it is hard. My mind tries to trick me and tell me it is okay this time, it is okay to have just a little. Anyway, this mental battle still rages, but I shall not give in. Not totally, anyway. If I give in a little bit here and there, I shall get back up and in the game.

And now it is really bed time....

1 comment:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

you are so amazing. You are really working it and have such motivation. Now that I am back to blogging, I am seriously going to use you as my motivation! I even got up and exercised this morning thanks to you.