summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 7, 2011

monday again!

Kitty Kitten makes a good baby...
Will (Susan's little boy)...Kitty Kitten was nice and let Will push him around...
Princess Camille
A nice picture of Katie and Dave...Kate is lovely too, these young girls just carry their babies so beautifully...I got huge everywhere.
Camille in her "Rapunzel hair"...Susan is in the background...does it look like she stole a basketball? There are TWO babies in there! She looks so fantastic and lovely, and has this huge tummy....and I am not jealous anymore, just plain happy for her. I am looking forward to helping with those babies as much as I can!

The time change is nice, it was light out this morning for my walk. I also felt like I slept in, despite the fact that I stayed up way too late last night. The kids went to school except for Sonja, who has a cold and is delighted that her voice is slightly hoarse. She does have a cold, but she is milking it for all it's worth. She is preparing a bath for herself and Miss Camille.

I am staying home today. Big van has new brakes, it took Paul all day to change them on Saturday. He had the wrong ones due to the wrong number being in the computer at the auto parts store, so he had to drive back to the small city and exchange them...the radiator seems to be the next problem, which he is not going to tackle himself. So I am staying home and not driving Big Van until it is fixed.

Tomorrow I have to bring Paul to the airport for his trip to Ireland. Then I will have the minivan to use for several days. I told Jonathan this morning that I would pick him up from school tomorrow and take him to the airport with us, then Charlotte Claire asked too and I said she could come...

Okay...this weight loss thing. blah. I wish I could figure it out. I have gained a few pounds back...this morning I was down a little bit from yesterday, but I am still up two pounds from last week. More muscle is supposed to burn more fat, right? I should be losing weight! I had these grand plans to lose a bit more before vacation, and blah! Yesterday I went for my usual morning walk, then for afternoon exercise, I walked/jogged....this means I jogged for a few hundred feet, then walked, sucking wind terribly, feeling sorry for my poor aching lungs...as soon as I got my breath back, I would run again until it hurt my lungs, then walk...I did this for just a mile, and blah, it did me in. Anyway, as much as the scale infuriates me, I shall not give up.

Life is busy. Homework and projects and making lunches and getting school clothes out and keeping up with who really needs new sneakers and who just WANTS new sneakers, making phone calls and taking care of things I have procrastinated about...and yes, there is still a pile of clothes in my room from when I moved the couch monster when Linda S. and her family came for a visit. I have gone through the pile and gotten things out...so it IS smaller. Paul "cleaned" up recently when I wasn't home, and blah, put a large pile of folded clothes on Camille's dresser...I do not operate that way, I hang up the ByeBye clothes, and put the Around The House clothes in the dresser drawers. Right now the couch has only a few things, a few folded towels, my sweater, a Hess truck, a few Nerf guns, a blanket, and a princess purse. I write on here all the time about matching socks, the reality is that I haven't gotten to that in a while...today I shall really try.

Last night we had a good dinner. Roast beef that had roasted on low temperature for hours and hours....it was so good. We also had squash, which is a lot of work for so many people, but yummy, and some egg noodles for the kids, and applesauce, and cranberry sauce, and a cake for dessert that Paul had made with Sonja and Jon. Sonja frosted it and Jon sprinkled it with like half a container of sprinkles. I only tasted it. I also only tasted the cake Abigail brought over, super yum. She made the best chocolate frosting...I kept eyeing the cake, but decided it wasn't worth hating myself for.

"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." (matt 6:33) We all know that verse. So...one of the kids is being difficult. This child needs to be stopped, straightened out. I am not sure what to do, how to deal. I do not want to be harsh, but something needs to be done. Do I seek first his kingdom? Do I ask for wisdom? Do I judge myself first? Am I just irritated, or is irritation tainting my judgement? Do I need more patience? ha, of course. I have been thinking about these things...we can't just go through life acting and reacting and then expect God to clean up the mess. We need to be in touch with him in everything we do.

After my walk this morning, I told the kids, "It is so much nicer to walk in the light than to walk in darkness."

Since I am hesitating here and can't think of anything to write, it is time to get up and deal with this day....oh, the possiblities are endless....laundry and dishes and clutter....

1 comment:

Karen said...

I always heard that muscle weighs more then fat, and that a tape measure to measure your waist (and if your clothes start not fitting) is a better indicator of weight loss then a scales....