summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

uh-huh, I lost FIFTY POUNDS!!!

yay!! I did not even celebrate with ice cream.

But now Emily is here watching a movie with the other kids, and she is baking chocolate chip cookies. I did tell her that I hate her, but she put them in the oven anyway. The smell is starting to permeate the air now...oh, how can I escape this? I hate loving things so much. I already had a handful of chocolate chips. Some people say that if you don't eat bad things anymore, you won't want them anymore. Well, I am an exception to THAT rule. And some people say that if you don't eat sugar anymore, sugar will not taste good anymore. ha. And tomorrow, we are baking pies! Pies are my downfall! My utter destruction! I cannot resist a pie, especially a homemade pumpkin pie! Or apple either....and to make it worse, I heard Mirielle tell Emily she was going to make homemade chocolate pie. When I mentioned I had the cook kind of chocolate pudding mix, Mirielle just made a face. Homemade to her is not from the pudding box. So what should I do? Tape my mouth shut? Perhaps I will put on one of my new bathing suits and wear it around for a few days. One does not eat pie in a bathing suit. ha.

Uh oh, I smell burned cookies. I am so mean, I almost thought, "Good!!", but that would make me feel bad to rejoice about something like that. Maybe I will have just one....ugh.

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! 50 pounds lost is amazing! You are doing great!

Standinginhislight said...

How exciting for you! My losing journey is oh.so.very.slow which is alright (15 lbs so far...) until someone lights up with joy "I didn't know you were pregnant", yeah, got to love that one *sigh*
Anyways, resist those pies, you can do it!! =)
blessings, Sheri

Endo_Life said...

Congratulations on the 50lb loss!! You are doing amazingly well and I love reading about your loss it keeps me on track and now I can't wait to get to the 50lb mark myself. I am at 33lb at the moment but have my weigh in tonight and hopefully that number will be better.

Keep it up!! Do you have a target of what you want to lose?

Kathyb1960 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know you have worked very hard on losing weight, and with all those "evil" people who cook things you can eat, it's doubly hard (evil meant in a loving way--of course!!! LOL)! I lost 50 lbs once...or twice...so keep up the good work cause now the REALLY hard part starts. The more you lose, the more your mind will try to tell you differently! But you've gotten this far, I know you'll do GREAT! Have fun on your trip!

Kathy

I am going to work on losing weight once I get all the bandages off my wound, and it's all healed up!

T.L. said...

congrats!!! I am an exception to all those rules too.. and that chocolate pie sounds so goooooooood..
But I think losing weight is not about changing everything and never eating the good stuff again.. It's about quantities and pacing through the week. Have a happy thanksgiving! :)

ccc said...

50 pounds!!!That's so good!
I like your idea of wearing your bathing suit to the Thanksgiving feast to ward off any bad eating. How about all of us moms start that wonderful tradition, we can even do it on Christmas day too. lol
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your whole family!

Martha said...

Awesome! Wonderful! Amazing!
You must feel great!!!

Allison said...

congratulations aunt della! i'm so proud of you and inspired! :) i cannot wait to celebrate my 50 lb mark...with some carrot sticks or something! ;) happy thanksgiving, have a wonderful weekend!