summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

what I am most thankful for....

Today is one of those days. One of those crazy days, and it is only nine in the morning. Perhaps my perception is tainted by the pain in my poor legs from working at the dome all the live-long day yesterday (left around noon, got home at 10:30pm)...but. This morning...I took Miss Rosie for her walk, and played Avoid The Dead Frogs. I did win, I think, because I didn't step on any. I tried to play for Rosie too, yanking her this way and that, because, yuck. Home again, time to get the kids ready for school...clothes out, lunches made, then found out Jon didn't finish his homework while I was gone yesterday...then, he had a dental sealant permission slip that he needed filled out today, the girls who were absent yesterday needed excuses, Evelyn needed a note to stay after for student council, and I had to purchase the Save Around Town coupon book the PTO is selling, Sonja needed payment TODAY. So...out the door the second trip kids went, letting not only the kitten out accidentally, but Bad Rosie ran out too, straight to the neighbors, laughing her head off the whole time we called her to come back...

blah. I also had to dry and fold the huge load of smocks we wear at the Dome, so they can be picked up from here and used again. I haven't actually finished that yet....

And here I am. Tired already.

We only have half a gallon of milk, and are running out of fresh stuff.

The Dome work is fun, but it is hard to be on my feet for so long. Not too terribly hard though. I sprayed and salted the pretzels, filled nacho trays, and filled sodas as they were ordered. I also had a few breaks, and ate Deadly Dome Food, yes, I did. A Cookie-wich again. And, a sausage with peppers and onions, without the bun. And a coney, but not the bun. blah. Way over with the calories. Today will be a lean day!

I got the big van stuck in the soggy ground in front of my sister's house last night, after the Dome. Just the right side, but I was stuck. It had rained while we were gone, the ground was not soggy when I so smartly parked there. The more I tried to get it out, the more stuck it got, so Thomas (Susan who is having twins husband) pulled it out with his truck. Thank you, Thomas!

Anyway, I was planning to write what I am thankful for. Here goes...

1. Paul. Even though he is in Ireland this week, it is such a good feeling to love someone, and even to miss him so much.

2. When my kids choose to live their lives pleasing to God. One daughter said to me recently, "Mom, I know that if I go to the meetings and testify, and go to the youth gatherings, then I need to be more faithful here at home, and get along better with you or none of it is worth anything, so, I am really trying." Okay. How can anything in the entire world be better than that???!

3. Knowing that Ben will be home for Christmas! Now, Ben wasn't exactly the model son for some of his teenage years...no, he was a handful. We got to the point where we wondered where he was even going to end up, he tried college like three times, ect. He seems finally to have grown up, and is on track with his life. I feel like we have finally gotten him back, but can't quite have him yet, since he is away in the Army and going to deploy in 2012....but I am very thankful he is coming home for Christmas. (and Ashley, too!)

4. For this motivation I have to get into better shape. I don't know where it came from, but if I could bottle it up and sell it, I would be a billionaire. I did have a bad day yesterday, but I won't do that again today. Back on track.

5. Ebay. Yes, ebay. I bought another bathing suit the other day, for $2.99, with three dollars shipping. It hasn't come yet, and I am excited to get it. I have also bought the 75 cent one, plus three more expensive ones...why do I need five new bathing suits? I don't. I think I just had this idea that one of them would actually look sensational. But let's face it, I am not going to look fab in a bathing suit, not even if I lose another 75 pounds...there was this hope though, that if I found just the right one....

And of course all the other things like running water and the washer and dryer and all my lovely kids...and my friends and my sister and her nice daughters and the nice days for walking, and of course morning coffee....

Camille is up, and in her usual Punish Mama For Leaving Yesterday Mode, is saying over and over again that she wants her breakfast. So I shall scoop her up in her little Princess Snuggy, and give her some cuddles, then some breakfast...

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Yea! You are looking much slimmer; good for you!

I love the fact that you keep buying bathing suits; it cracks me up - it's something I would do too!

Carolyn