summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, November 25, 2011

how come we can't have Christmas right now?

Well, Charlotte Claire dear, it just isn't Christmas yet. I know there are ten presents stacked up on the table here in the living room, and we have lights in the windows. But that's just because Mom is trying for once to be prepared and get things done ahead of time. Evelyn is wrapping presents for me right now. She was one of the Midnight Shoppers last night, and already knows what is for who.

It is smelling good in here, the turkey will be done in a few hours. Four of the kids are peeling potatoes, I need to get out to the kitchen and prepare squash and make stuffing. It is cozy in here, and fun. Paul is out hunting with Sam again. We just got back a little while ago from Walmart. The whole store seemed exhausted from what went on there in the wee hours. The bargains were depleted, but we didn't really need any bargains anyway. We needed kitten chow and cat food and milk and salad stuff. We also got some bananas and yogurt. And some sweat pants for Kathryn for $4.37, and some cute sleeper jammies for the little girls, with princesses on them. And a new bra for me, since I am, sorry to say, floating in mine.

I sold something on ebay, Paul shipped it for me today. Yay! I always think I am going to sell things, but don't get to it...it feels nice to accomplish something.

Things are going on, Abigail is here, so I shall write more later...and, thanks to Kathryn, who was the winner of the Ten Dollar Who-Can-Find-My-Camera-Battery-Charger, my camera is now up and running, and hopefully the kids won't object to me getting some pictures later....

No comments: