summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, November 13, 2011

turkey dinner

Fifteen of the kids were here this evening for a turkey dinner...it was supposed to be simple. Well, it got bigger and bigger. From just a turkey and gravy and a veggie, Mirielle made home made rolls...then Emily brought in some squash, which had to be cut and scooped and baked and peeled and mashed and seasoned. She also brought some apples, piles of them...so we HAD to make pies. And Mali doesn't eat turkey, so she peeled ten pounds of potatoes....she wanted some real mashies...I made some green beans to make up for the small spoon of potatoes I let myself have...but then the pies, oh dear the pies!!! Fresh and hot out of the oven, so good and yummy! I remembered we had vanilla ice cream in the freezer...but I skipped that. Well, one spoonful. The pie and the squash were best, but the turkey was excellent too.

We sat at the table for a few hours and laughed and talked. Joseph and Aaron and Mirielle and Sam cleaned up the kitchen. Now we have leftovers for tomorrow's dinner, which is good because I am going to the Dome again.

ahh...um...say a prayer for my sister tonight, please. She is having a small surgery tomorrow morning, which I will not share about since I don't know if she wants me to. I won't say anymore now, but please pray for her. We have had many miracles here, and God weighs and measures these trials of ours. And Cheryl, I truly hope you didn't get the wrong impression on the phone, I am very concerned, just didn't want to get all upset on you.

2 comments:

thestrykergirls said...

Della, I didn't get any bad impressions from you on the phone at all.. I've been working on not making a "big deal" out of this, so I wouldn't want you to make one, either.. but thanks!! I've received nothing but encouragement and peace over the last week.. of course a battle with fear is taking place, but God is nothing but good! So, I am hopeful, and very thankful.. Have enough fun for both of us at the dome.. and encourage Bill if he seems to need it!

cheryl said...

That previous comment was from me, not Janet..