summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

can anyone say HOT??!!

94 degrees is hot enough for me. Joseph and Samuel just put in the two window air conditioners, and we hung the sheet in the living room doorway to the hall. We will have it a bit cooler in here in a while. The pool has been refreshing, but...now, don't hate me, but...I am getting a little tired of swimming. Camille is so tired she is blinking and her eyes are taking forever to open back up again with each blink. I actually told her to turn on the television and lie down on the couch, probably the exact opposite of what most parents say to their kids on hot summer days. She is almost sleeping. Evelyn came along, put her hands on her hips, exclaimed how absolutely ridiculous it is to have Wildcrats on on such a nice day....well. She switched it off and said she was watching kids in the pool...I told Camille she could turn it back on...

And while I don't enjoy the heat, I do realize it could be worse. We could live in a city, we could have no pool, or we could be in Afghanistan like Benjamin. He said it was 116 there when I talked to him yesterday.

I do feel rather zapped though. Sort of soggy and wrung-out.

Things are a little better around here today than yesterday. School is OVER!, finally. I set out to pick the three middle school kids up today, they said to get them at twelve, as there was a half-day. Well....I was almost at the school and their bus passed me, I was too late. They got out at 11:30. oops. So I just turned back around and headed home. It took them a whole hour to get home because their bus broke down. We watched the huge tow-truck head down the road, then come back by towing the bus.

I just had the yummiest snack: four frozen strawberries, microwaved a little and cut up, topped with some light vanilla yogurt, sprinkled with coconut, and a small squirt of chocolate syrup.

I need more coffee though. I bought a new Mr. Coffee yesterday, and we are so happy with it. I had some iced coffee in the pool this afternoon...Mali had the little girl she is babysitting for here, a seven year old who has no pool at home. It was quite fun for the little girls because she like playing, "mermaid".

Well, I hate to complain, but it is too hot in here. I think I will go get back in the pool, it is over 90 in this living room. I hope these a.c. units start cooling it down in here soon!

Poor me, right?

2 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

It is hot here, too. Weather channel says it was 92 here today. I know it is hot, doesn't really matter how hot it is. :)

Grace said...

Send me some of your heat .... we've been calling it Junuary here in SW BC Canada. Today is nice though.