summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, June 11, 2012

monday again already?

me...after the parade, which I totally forgot to take pictures of...the little girls were so cute in their little dresses...six of the kids went with us. It was a beautiful night, the marching bands were amazing, and we had a really nice time. cuppy cakes for the wedding reception...the color came out just right, matched the wedding colors.

Camille Anaya was so interested in me making cupcakes. She didn't get bored watching. I told her if she was good, she could frost a cupcake when I was done...

Whew...the weekend went by like a blur...parade Friday night, visit with the grandparents afterward...Abigail bought a new (to her) car and had to go to the dealership with Paul early Saturday to do the paperwork...she got a really nice car, a 2011 Nissan Sentra, a nice bright royal blue. Jonathan, of course, helped her decide. Saturday: I got to sit for the first part of a church conference meeting, then helped the ones who were going to run the candy store...and off I went to the wedding reception with Mali and Charlotte Claire and Camille.

Sunday...morning meeting, the whole thing this time. Then we were going to head home...and we were asked to provide a snack, if we please could, to the 150 youth who were staying for a presentation about working with young children...hmm. We could, we guessed. Paul and I, a few of the boys, and Kathyrn, Evelyn, and Suzanne..within two hours, we had snack for 150 people. Salt potatoes, hard boiled eggs, sliced and peppered, tossed salads, sliced watermelons and strawberries, some pretzels, plates of veggies, and a few platters of candy. And coffee, and cold drinks. phew. It was challenging to work with what we had available and present it with such short notice, but it was fun. Kathryn was a real champ, running dishes through the washer and making the clean up easy. And my dear friend Linda from Ohio was a real sweetie, she watched Jonathan and Charlotte Claire and Camille for me while I helped in the kitchen...I was hoping to get some time to spend with her, but it was too busy...so next time, Linda!!!

Home in the afternoon on Sunday...the kids went in the pool, Paul taught me how to dead lift weights, and I practiced stepping up on the 18 inch box, which is harder than it sounds, at least to me. We made two pizzas, one with garlic and butter and chopped onions and tomatoes and basil...and on with Buffalo chicken, hot sauce. We also had watermelon and peaches.

After dinner, a walk with Suzanne and Kathryn...we saw our friend the baby skunk, who is either too stupid or too young to think we are a danger, but we were very afraid we were going to get sprayed. phew.

We tuned in to one of my favorite shows, the Extreme Weight Loss Edition makeover show, watched a 355 woman lose 207 pounds. In the beginning, a nutritionist suggested that if viewers did 15 sit-ups, 15 push-ups, and 15 squats during each commercial break, they would have a full workout. So Mirielle, Evelyn, Sonja, and I decided to do it. I did it through 6 commercial breaks. That is 80 of each thing!!!

Anyway, anyway, anyway...Aaron is sighing in the kitchen, he is getting ready to go to work...a twelve hour shift at the hospital. I of course wonder how my little boy who used to love going to the parade with his little red suitcase to fill with candy, is old enough and so responsible, to work as a nurse's assistant. He loves his job though.

I am totally renewed in spirit and encouraged from the good meetings this past weekend.....to just believe God's word without doubting...one thing that was mentioned: if God can make the insects and the sun and the creatures of the earth, then of course He can do a work in me!!! He can give me victory!

It is a great comfort to me to know that even though I am no Domestic Goddess, God can do a work in me. Here in the midst of the laundry and the clutter and the noise, I can be changed! I can become longsuffering and kind and patient, because He has promised! (Don't worry, I also battle against the spirit of laziness...)

Today, Miss Char it taking a break from the rigors of kindergarten. It is going up to 89 degrees here in central New York state this afternoon, far too warm for kindergarten. Jonathan had to go since he spent his Class Cash on attending a pizza party this afternoon, and Sonja went because she is in fourth grade, and fourth graders can't miss as much school as kindergartners.

So this morning, the two little princesses are making fine pictures of flowers and sunshines, with markers. Char just asked me, "What is the opposite of New York?" Aaron said, "Old York, or Alabama.". I said I don't think there is such a thing....











No comments: