summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

rainy morning....

It was pouring out this morning...and with the thunder and lightning, I figured I would just take Rosie to the end of the drive way and let her pee...she can do everything else a little later. Last day of school for the year for Margaret 15, Evelyn 12, Suzanne 11, and Kathryn 14...aren't they lovely Ben?


Kathryn with Davian

look at those cheeks!

with Evelyn


I would name this picture, "Gazing In Wonder"....Davian really likes our baby swing.

sitting with Suzannewith Mirielle

sweet little guy...

Everyone here loves having Davian over. He fills our house with that special joy that only a baby can bring.

So...lots of kids went to school today. Jonathan wanted to go because he still has art projects to bring home, and Charlotte Claire did not want to miss walking to the ice cream place.

I have to pick Margaret up from her exam in an hour, then I told the other kids I would pick them up later...

Paul is stopping here after work to get me so we can go pick up his new truck! Not new, six years old, but low mileage and very reasonably priced, good gas mileage too. A Nissan Frontier. This means he will drive it to work, and I will have the minivan every day! I won't have to drive the 15 passenger van everywhere! Some of the older kids say to get rid of it, they hate it. I am not ready to give it up yet, there are still so many of us for things like trips to the beach...But I have a feeling that minivan will not be used by just me...we have four kids going to nursing college this fall, and I seriously doubt they will have schedules similar enough to always drive one vehicle.

Anyway...just to mention, I did not forget all about Robert's birthday, even though I didn't write about it this year. He was "born" on the 16th of June, 9 years ago. While we were swimming around in the pool the other day, Jonathan said he wished he had a brother near his age. I agreed, said it was sad that Robert died. Jon said, "Well, I was a replacement for him, right?" "No", I said, "you were not a replacement. We still would have had you, just probably a few months later. You were always planned from God. But we were extra super extremely thankful for you after losing Robert. A very welcome baby boy, a blessing." I have not been to Robert's grave in so long because it is not fun, it is too hard.

On a lighter note, our coffee maker died. This is almost a tragedy. We now have to heat water in the kettle, and pour it through the filter a little at a time so it drips into the carafe. It takes too long, and sometimes comes out too weak. We are so spoiled!

Oh, I almost forgot! The Dreaded Weekly Weigh-in Results: Down 1.2 pounds since last Tuesday. Not entirely bad, but I know it could be much much better, darn those chocolate chips! And yes, I do know it is not the fault of the chocolate, or the almonds, or the brownies Suzanne made yesterday. (I didn't really have one, just a few pieces broken off here and there...and pieces add up, unfortunately). It kills me because I eat so well, then have these days where I can't stay out of the chocolate chips...wah. I need more self-discipline! I wish it was sold by the gallon, and I could just drink of it all day long. I think sometimes I just get tired of saying NO to myself, and it is easier to just eat some chocolate. The good thing is that just writing this helps encourage me, I shall be a good girl today. Exercise-wise, I am doing fine. Two walks yesterday, plus a small workout with 30 push-ups, squats, lifting the 10 lb weights. No pool yesterday, but today for sure.

While I was gone yesterday, someone took a load of lights out of the dryer and dumped them in a heap on the couch. I never do that. Simply never. I only dry things partially, then hand them up immediately so they don't wrinkle. Even if it is crazy in here, I try to at least drape the stuff in the laundry room so it isn't a big wrinkled mess. I am not about to iron little girls' tops or Jon's shorts. It makes me want to make rules about using the washer and dryer. But since I hate rules, I will just whine about it instead.

I'm telling you, I COULD be a miserable creature this summer, if I let everything around here get to me. But...I am not going to do that. I know that God sends everything for my very best, and I am working on being thankful instead of complaining. I hate hate hate complaining, and do not want to do it anymore.

Paul mentioned to me the other day that we usually see things in others so clearly because we have the same things in ourselves. Now, Paul is a very impatient driver. He always seems to attract those idiots who pull out in front, then go really slow. It always amuses me, and I tease him about how impatient he is. Well. Yesterday, Mali actually said, "Jeeze Mom!",to me! Because....I was SO rrrr impatient! I was being worse than Paul! Of course I thought I had good reason, I mean, if the light is green, it means GO! ha.

Well, the day goes on, and I have to pick up Margaret soon....
























































































































2 comments:

baristamom said...

I'm so glad you guys are FINALLY done with school! We just might make a trip up there in July and visit, you know, just to add to the chaos! I would love to go to the beach you guys always go to. Have a great day and a BIG hug to you! Keep up the good work on your will-power! You are an inspiration!

mommeeof10 said...

Rosalie (3)listens to me when I wish she wouldn't. SHe said a few months ago, when I was driving and getting impatient, "move it people, get out of our way, get off the road!" Definitely my child, LOL.