summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, June 15, 2012

see what happens when I finally sleep in??!!!

A picture IS worth a thousand words, but I do not have one of this morning...but then, how can a photo capture the craziness of this?: I slept in. I woke up, heard no noise, no pitter patters, no door slamming...so. I read my book for a while, got up and got dressed, then greeted the three youngest who were being so nice and playing with their dolls and trucks...so, I headed out for a pleasant walk with Rosie. Back in the door...and: Gramma is on her way over!! Now, I am not gonna lie. I looked at the counters, the table, the floors, and WAH!! No fair! Why can't she come over when it is at least half way decent?! Margaret helped me clean up, but she doesn't know how to panic-clean. She was sorting through papers. Anyway, I hadn't had breakfast yet, even coffee, and I had to scramble around here and make it look normal. The little girls decided it would be a good time to get into their closet and jump around, dumping things out into their room. I decided to run in and brush my teeth and wash my face quick before she got here, and then Rosie started barking...she was here...

Now, to some of you this might sound a little over-dramatized, and perhaps it is. I mean, worse case scenario, she gets to see our house a it's worst. Not the end of the world. But. It is usually not as bad as it was this morning! She always seems to call when it is like that!

She made me the most beautiful cross stitch, I will take a picture of it later...

Margaret is having a fairy party for the princesses, their cousin Danielle is coming over to join in.

I need to get moving, my day is slipping by, sleeping in is not all it's cracked up to be....

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Panic-cleaning.... LOVE IT!!!

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

have a friend that only stops by when my house is trashed. It is always middle of the week so that usually explains it. You used to be able to sto by my house at any time and it was clean, then I found the internet LOL.

(((hugs)))

T.L. said...

oh I want to see that cross stitch :)

SunAzz said...

I started reading your blog a while back and I absolutely LUUUUV it! I started reading the archives and it's like this amazing novel you just can't put down. Seriously don't ever stop writing here, even if u do get published:-)

16 blessings'mom said...

Glenda, I wish I could say I coined the term, "panic cleaning", but I stole it from who knows where because I love it. It totally describes how I get my house clean most of the time.

16 blessings'mom said...

SunAzz;;;thank you!