summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

weekly weigh-in and other exciting things...

Well, I lost one pound since last Tuesday's weigh-in. Not too bad, considering the weekend I just had. I'll take it. I did take a nice long walk with Samuel last evening, and another one this morning with the Bad Dog. But I also had a two small handfuls of Reese's Pieces last night. What possessed me to put that 48 ounce bag in my cart? Well, I am going to bag some up and send them to Benjamin.

Did I stay home yesterday and whittle away at the mountain of laundry? I should have. But, Mirielle and I set out to BJ's and got some of the shopping done for this weekend's church conference grill. We bought Snapple and Gatorade and lollipops and Pushpops and candy bars, and coffee. Ketchup and mustard and croutons. I wanted to get some of it out of the way. I still need to get water and soda, and the cold things like burgers and hot dogs, and the fresh things at the last minute, like Friday...salad fixings and fresh chicken and tomatoes for the burgers, ice cream cones and ice cream sandwiches and fresh baked buns. and and and.

It is busy, at least three shopping trips to get it all done, and I have cupcakes to make for a wedding reception on Saturday. My brother booked a nice place for my niece's wedding, then the church conference date got changed to the same weekend as the wedding. One cannot un-book a nice place, so the reception will go on as planned, with part of my family choosing to go to the conference instead. Paul does so much at the grill, he feels great responsibility to be there, so I will be driving the minivan to the reception, after going to a morning meeting and setting up the candy store at the church. I will take my little girls, and perhaps Sonja and Suzanne and Mali. Mirielle will also go for a bit.

So my head is spinning. I don't mind shopping, I don't mind making cupcakes. But it is the end of the school year, and there are so many things to remember. I am going on a field trip to a museum as a chaperone for Jonathan's class tomorrow, and kindergarten graduation is next week, with dentist appointments that day too. Kids need money for field trips, and I need to know which days who is going where, and if they need bag lunches. Oh, and Charlotte Claire's snack day is Thursday. Swanson Kitty needs to go to the vet and get spayed and have a rabies vaccination. We need to get our pool opened. The garden needs weeding, and I need to pick more of the spinach and lettuces. These are the things that danced through my head at 5.am. when I couldn't sleep. I tossed and thought, turned and thought some more. Then lo and behold, I fell back to sleep for like fifteen minutes....waking up to feel like BLAH. I tried to talk myself into just rolling over and enjoying the sleep that finally visited me, but no, I had to get up so I could fit my walk in. I should lose at least a pound for that, right?

Anyway, we went shopping yesterday. Target was fun. I found a dress for Miss Char's graduation for only $5.08. And a pink sweater to match, and a cute little jean skirt for Camille to wear to...wah, kindergarten, for only $4.50, and a bunch of new shirts for school for them for 70% off. And some sandals for Suze for five dollars, and a skirt for Sonja, and some wedding gifts for Sarah and Corey.

There is a Starbucks in Target now, uh-oh. Mirielle and I each got a venti medium roast, which weren't too expensive, but since Miss Camille had not eaten any lunch, we got her a smoothie, $4.25! ouch. It was very small, too. I told her not to get used to it, it wasn't happening again. I didn't really tell her that, but it isn't. The coffee was quite tasty though....but, "venti"? After I ordered it, she asked if we wanted light, medium, or dark roast. After I said medium, she asked if I had said, "medium". No, I said, I thought "venti" meant "large"! blah, I do not like Starbuck-speak. This girl was all of nineteen, she probably cannot remember a time when there was no such thing as Starbucks. Am I old and set in my ways?

Today is a stay at home and get back into bed and read a book day. But, I probably won't do that. There IS laundry, and I need to exercise, and perhaps I will actually plan something for dinner instead of putting some chicken in the oven at 6:00 like I did yesterday. We had roasted baby carrots and sweet potato fries (the Alexa seasoned ones are SO good, and no, I didn't get paid to say that. I don't get paid for anything I do:))I also picked some spinach and lettuce from the garden, and ate a whole pile of it with my chicken.

Dinner should be earlier than 7:00 though, so I should plan a little bit.

I am just not good at this job!

But, as Camille says, I am very huggy and snuggy. She says I am "all kinds of chubby". I don't know where she heard that, but it is sweet. She is my biggest fan.





























No comments: