summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, June 30, 2012

puppy pics and fighting the guilt...

She is just a little thing...the puppy, I mean.


Miss Char loves puppy.

Well...do I feel a teeny tiny bit guilty about enjoying the pup? Uh-huh. I do. I still am reeling from that last van ride with Rosie. I don't want to be overly dramatic, but I feel almost traumatized. I kind of wish I hadn't have been there holding her paw...because now I have this memory of passing that is just unimaginably sad.

And truthfully, I feel like getting a new pup so quickly is heartless.

But it is also fun and comforting and just plain adorable. The little girls are so happy with a pup they can pet and play with. Jonathan has been amazing with her, taking her outside over and over again to go potty. She hasn't peed in here once yet, but she did do a nice little pile of surprise for me when I was in the pool and Jon was puppysitting.

Paul is on vacation so we are going to the beach again tomorrow. Mali is hanging out with friends, so she is going to puppysit.

I heard from Benjamin yesterday. He is such a good guy. He got a medal, an acheivement medal, for his actions, he apparently doesn't complain, and he helped a soldier who was very tired to finish an exhausting and hot patrol by sharing his water and helping him walk. He still has a good attitude.

I am tired, and am heading to bed. Pup is going to sleep in Rosie's cage, with a different rug in it. I hope she doesn't whine or bark during the night...poor girl, first night away from her brother and parents.








4 comments:

Mum said...

What a gorgeous puppy and happy birthday! Without a doubt it must be bitter sweet, but please don't worry about what anyone else might think. I hope that this sweet puppy is able to help mend the sadness you are all feeling, and helps your Camille feel confident about dogs too. You haven't mentioned how she is feeling about it all, but when my daughter was 3 she was bitten by her grandmother's dog and she took quite a while to come around to trust dogs again. I hope she is doing as well as she can too.

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

You have such amazing kids! Have a good time with the hubby while he is on vacation. How far is the beach?

AUTISMOMMA said...

The first thing I saw when I looked at the top photo was not the puppy at all but how fabulous you are looking, Della!! You are such an inspiration!

Martha said...

Traumatized... I know exactly what you mean. I didn't stay for my dog's end, just watched him happily walk away. Blah. And then I cried for days.

I'm glad you have a new puppy to love.