summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 15, 2012

dark and gloomy....

Aww...what a sweet puppy. This picture of Aaron with Suri was taken a few weeks ago, before we gave away the kittens. I find it hilarious that Mama Kitty was just lying on the back of the chair nursing those kittens while Aaron held the puppy.

They ARE cute, the animals. Good thing. Because Suri has been very bad lately. Last night we remembered to take out the compost so she wouldn't play Hip Hip Horray in it. We remembered to spray disinfectant on the top of the garbage so she wouldn't tip the can over and have a feast. But. I mistakenly thought a sealed container of fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies would be safe on the kitchen table. Ha. She must've gotten really full because she left six cookies. Crumbs everywhere.

Now she is all agitated because the Mama Kitty has a present for me, a nice fresh mouse. I do not want her gift, however, so I am not opening the door, no matter how loud she mews and begs. Suri wants me to let kitty in, so she is whining and jumping up at the window. That's because she loves the kitty, and she loves the mice.

Okay, my new oatmeal: whole oats, a big spoonful of canned pumpkin (I just put it in a container in the fridge so I can eat it every day), a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spices, some sliced almonds, some water...microwave for a few minutes, add some stevia, a little milk...and yum! Tastes as good as pumpkin pie!

Saturday I took some kids to see the movie, "Brave", again, at the $1.50 per person movie theater. I drove into the big city and picked up Mali, took her too. She loved the movie, said she wants it for Christmas. I took them to Kmart...got some socks, and some laundry detergent for Mali. Then to the big Mall, which I hate. Too many expensive stores, too many people, and just a general spirit of dissatisfaction. Charlotte Claire and Camille liked it okay, they got to ride on the carousel. I also let them browse in the Disney store, but I didn't buy them anything. Jon didn't say much....he liked the escalators and wanted to go in the elevators but they were too crowded. blah, I do not like the mall.

Yesterday had a really encouraging event at church. Most of us were able to go, except we forgot poor Sam. I thought he went in the first vehicle that left, but he was still in the house. I called home as soon as I got there and realized he wasn't already there, but he had already gotten comfy and was fine to stay home and do homework. Homework ha, I know he was playing video games.

Please continue to pray for Benjamin. He will be home from Afghanistan next month, to his home base in Washington state anyway. Right now it looks like Paul and I might be the only ones there greeting him when he gets off that plane, so pray for him. He knows that God has not forsaken him, but I think his heart is broken.

It was nice to have the littler kids for a three day weekend, having Friday off for some togetherness. They settled down and did some bonding. Char has been just acting so bratty since school started this year. Her teacher gets a nice sweet child, then she comes home and what do I get? Don't get me wrong, I love her even when she is talking back and doing this new screeching thing, but. I feel rather ripped off. Like, who took my Char and left this kid in her place? So Friday we stayed home...they played all sorts of things. They set up Office all over the living room. They got out no less then 6 doll stroller/carriages. They played House, even Jonny. Then Daddy came home from work with new princess coloring books for the girls, and a Transformer for Jon...nail polish for Sonja, aptly branded, "Sinful Colors". He gave the older girls $20 each for the babysitting they have done lately, and brought me flowers. He also brought stuff for root beer floats for the kids.

Saturday we went out and about, and went to church yesterday. After they had their baths last night, they settled into playing again, and I hated to break it up! Then when I woke them this morning, wah. Poor Camille...I sat on her bed and was talking to her, trying to wake her up and her eyes kept closing again. I SO wanted to say Just Stay In Bed, Sweetie.

But, she likes school. She likes the other kids, she likes coloring and gluing and cutting and walking down the halls to Music and Gym. She has that typical fascination with other kids' names.

So I got them up, served them oatmeal, made their lunches, brushed their hair, and waited in the driveway with Suri for that big bus to swallow them up and drive away.

I don't get to laze around all day however. I have already done a few loads of laundry and washed some dishes, cleaned up Suri's CookieFest mess, and cleaned off some counters. I have to pick a few kids up from school and take them to the dentist, stop at the store because we are out of coffee, black beans, bananas, canned corn, and sugar. Ha, as if that's all I will get.

To the school pool this afternoon to meet Abigail for some fun with the kids and some exercise...then home for dinner...so I should probably make something ahead of time...































































No comments: