summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, October 29, 2012

stormy day....

Well, not quite too stormy yet. Just windy and chilly and overcast, some rain on the horizon. I have my Mama Bear mentality on this morning. I want my kids home with me!

Suri and I are just chillin here. I have laundry in, trying to get caught up in case the power goes out. I should probably get all the dishes done too.

I found almond flour in a grocery store, and I have recipes I need to try. What a perfect day for it.

My short paragraphs are telling me I don't have much to say this fine Monday morning.

Yesterday afternoon, I spread a quilt on the floor, and played dollhouse with the little girls. We set up a huge orphanage. I played with them until they were really into it, then I sneaked away. This morning I discovered that a certain someone peed right on the quilt in the middle of the orphanage. rrr, Suri!


A certain kitty also pooped in the downstairs hallway during the night. Mr. General Thunder, is my guess. He is a great cat, big and elegant, and SO nice. He is just a purr-er, a sweetie. But. He doesn't meow fiercely to go out like Swanson kitty does. For the three and a half years we had Rosie, he kept a low profile, staying outside and out of her way. Now that we have Suri, he feels safe to come in and be around again. Which is a mixed blessing, seeing that I don't particularly like to clean up little piles of surprise.

I have not taken my walk yet. The weekday early morning ones are just not happening. I usually make up for it later in the day, but it gives me no joy to walk through the woods in the dark. And if it a chore, no thanks.

Cat poop, dog pee, dishes...is this my life?

No, there is a little more to it. Tonight, for example, Mali and I have a date. We are going to court again, to hopefully finally get her ticket dismissed for that awful accident she had with Abigail's car.

And Halloween is coming up. I convinced the princesses to just dress as butterflies, since they will be wearing their pink polka-dotted winter coats...I said I would try to find them some wings....keep it simple...we won't be out too long anyway, it will be chilly and rainy.

Jon doesn't know what to be yet, I say just put on a cowboy hat and draw on a mustache.

I just have to keep my paws off the candy. Last year I had one Ghiardelli chocolate square while we trick-or-treated, and it was enough. So I am thinking to let myself have one thing.

Ah well. I have to get out of my comfy chair and switch the laundry, and get some exercising in, since I skipped it all weekend.

If the power goes out for any length of time, have a lovely week and don't miss me too much!

3 comments:

Cindy @ Marriedtothemilitary {dot} net said...

What are you making with almond flour?

Endo_Life said...

I hope you all stay safe and there isn't too much damage done x

Tereza said...

Hope you guys are safe and sound as the storm progresses!!! Funny about the pee in the orphanage:)