summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

wah, having a cry-y day...

1. Kitty Kitten's kittens are all given away. She isn't dealing well, and I am crying my eyes out as she paces the hallway mewing and making that Mama Kitty noise in her throat...no kittens are coming to greet her, and she doesn't get it. Where are those kittens? Wah.

2. I read the morning news...a missing ten-year old girl in Colorado, police have found her backback. I won't say what words came out of my mouth, directed at whoever took her. How dare they? I have a ten year old daughter, and I can't even begin to imagine the agony...

3. In military news, a Marine Sqt. from California was killed in Afghanistan. She was beautiful and her first name was Camella.

4. I had to send my kids to school this morning after a four day weekend. I told them to get school lunches today because I totally didn't feel like making them. Mommy Guilt.

5. Totally out of nowhere this morning I thought, "My parents would have loved Suri." I started thinking about them, and that always makes me cry. They had this chocolate Lab named, "Bup", also known as, "Buppie Rose", who was so spoiled yet so smart...she would get all worried when my mom was in the hospital, going in and out of her room. She would bring sections of the newspaper back and forth between my parents, they just got a kick out of her. They also had a previously abused beagle named, "Shelly", who was always shy but when they first got her, she was terrified of everyone. My dad used to drive her to Burger King ever single day and split a burger with her. Oh wah.

6. I missed my walk this morning because I woke up in the wee hours of the morning having to wee. It was one of those, "do I stay in bed and try to sleep even though I have to go so bad I might just wet the bed, or get up and go knowing I will NOT be able to get back to sleep?...." I got up and went, and then, oh my mind got going...all the things I had to do today, ect...blah. I fell back to sleep and was totally zonked when it was time to get up...so I dragged myself out of bed with only enough time to take Suri out in front of the house.

7. I saw a lady in Wegman's yelling at her kids. Now, I am not saying I never did that. In fact, I could totally feel her frustration. Her little boys were happy and bouncy and driving her nuts. Her little girl was sitting in the cart whining. So she was mad. Threatening, and yelling at those poor kids. I stood there putting my rice cakes in the cart...staring at her. I wanted to say something to her, but wah, wouldn't you know my eyes filled with tears. The thing is, the times when I got so frustrated with my kids...even the other day...I realized pretty quickly that it was ME who was upset..kids will be kids, and sometimes they can be horrid...but. It is ME who has to be good, gentle, and correct with goodness. This mama obviously never got that memo, and she was so mad. It makes me wonder how God can stand it, seeing all that He sees....

8. Sam's Army mug broke.(when I say he drank out of this every single day, I am not kidding) Jonathan was playing with Baxter, Ben and Ashley's border collie. Jon wound up and threw a stuffed mechanical kitten, which hit the top of the doorframe and pinged the other way, knocking Sam's mug off the top of the refrigerator. I swear it fell in slow motion. We all yelled, "Jon!!!"....but I quickly comforted him, telling him it was an accident....then I picked up the mug, which had huge chunks broken off, and said, "Maybe Sam won't notice." For some reason, that had us doubled over with laughter...but Sam DID notice.

9. We went to visit my in-laws yesterday. Paul's dad gave us his car because he cannot drive anymore. Wah! He put 95,000 miles on that car in just 8 years of driving ONLY IN SUMMERS! (they winter in Florida). He loves going for drives! He had to sign some papers yesterday, and I assured him we would take good care of it for him, which he said he appreciated. The back seats of it were never even sat in! And this vehicle may have a lot of miles, but it has new tires, has been take care of, never driven in winter, has leather heated seats, a moon/sun roof, ect. The fact that I love it and am excited to drive it makes me feel even sadder for my father-in-law. I know he has been blessed, he is almost 85 now and just had to stop driving...but still. wah.

10. We went to the library yesterday. This time I don't have to cry about fines because all the books went back on time. But this made us sad: a group of young teenagers hanging out behind the library, smoking. They have nothing useful to do. wah.

And I guess I am all out of sad things for this morning. I have to get going soon...to the insurance agency to insure this new-to-us vehicle, then to the dreaded Motor Vehicle Department to get it registered in my name. Then to Walmart to buy more drink mix for Benjamin, then to the post office to send him one last package, YAY!,then to pick Samuel up from his criminal justice class, then to Subway because I promised Sam a sub because then, we are going to the Dome to work the concession stand because the Dalai Lama is in town! I really really like him, he is such a humble man. I am thinking and hoping we will get to hear what he has to say...there are several bands playing, ect, but when he speaks, I doubt people will be buying snacks...it is supposed to be quite an exciting thing for him to be here in our state, coming to our Dome...and security will be tight. That makes it difficult for me, because I always bring at least an apple and some almonds when I work at the Dome because the food there is SO horribly unhealthy. We get to eat one item, and we will be there for like 8 hours. I usually snack on my healthy-from-home snack...but today, no purses are even allowed! What if you are a girl, and you need supplies? I was thinking to stuff my whole purse with pads and bring it through security just to make a statement.... Anyway, I guess one day eating junk won't kill me...but dang, it doesn't sound good.

Mirielle is fretting about it too, she eats gluten-free. She says the thought of eating a Dome pretzel makes her feel sick.

Oh well.

I feel better now. If you haven't read the book, "Owl At Home" by Arnold Lobel, order it and read it. It contains the story, "Tear Water Tea", and it is a must-read if you have kids or grand-kids. Even if you don't.

Now that I have cried my tear water tea, I feel better.

Oh, and I always forget to say this: I love when you comment! I always MEAN to answer them, but then I hit "publish", then don't go back to the post and comment, thinking I will later...but I love reading them and getting feedback!












































































3 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

Can you carry in a clear ziplock bag with snacks?

Mum said...

Your poor mamakitty. I hope she is able to settle soon. That must be heartbreaking. We have had a 5 year old girl go missing here last week too. I don't understand. I just don't. My heart aches for their mamas and families. I feel for those mamas that yell, and their children, sometimes it is just a big snowball, and gets so out of hand. I have said, 'I feel really frustrated right now.' Then during a particularly stressful wait with not very patient feeling children, my 2 year old looked at me and said, 'You feel really frustrated right now.' and hugged me. Well, I think if he can be so generous of spirit, I certainly ought to try harder. Children do not come into the world with the handbook to social protocol memorised. I suppose to them, they can't see why making repetitive noises at top volume, while jumping up and down, in public would be a problem... when it is so much fun. I hope you get to listen to the Dalai Lama, that sounds so cool.

Melanie L said...

I hope that you have a better day today!