summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, October 4, 2012

field trip to the apple orchard....

I think I like first graders. In fact, I think I would like to go to first grade all over again. But guess what? When I am with first graders, I feel like a first grader. I played, "I Spy With My Little Eye" with Mya on the bus, and threw my apple core at a tree in the orchard to try to knock down an apple, and I passed out gum on the bus, which is, according to the kids in my group, a No No.

Today was a total wash-out as far as exercising...no walk, no work-out. But I did walk around the apple orchard with the school kids, and I did go shopping with my sister and my two little girls...I ate well all day, then had too much popcorn this evening, dang. blah.

I don't know how blogging will fit in for the next few days. The kids have a four day weekend! So tomorrow the nine school kids will be home...and it is a Dome day, so Paul and I and some of the older kids will work the concession stand at the football game, for church, in the afternoon/evening.

Paul is playing Chase-Around-The-Circle with Suri, who has just too much energy for a House Puppy.

I am tired. I stayed up late and got up early, with nary a minute of rest all day..except for the few hours my sister-in-law was here today after the field trip, before I dropped the car off for inspection and picked up the little girls from school and went shopping with Cheryl. Yes, I made Kim some lunch, and a pot of coffee, and we relaxed. I ignored the messy house, and the impulse to work out. We had some relaxation, and we decided Martha had better join us next time. Kim said, "Martha doesn't know me from a hill of beans, but I have been reading her blog for a long time, and I know her."

So it was another good day. I found myself irritated at some sweet little children this morning as I tried to usher them out the door to catch the bus, and Camille got sidetracked with some toys while she was supposed to be Brushing and Flushing, and the puppy peed right inside the door, just couldn't hold it. rrr. I hate when I get so impatient with the kids. It was probably because Suri had gotten into the garbage earlier, AND peed behind my chair, which flowed all the way under it, ect. Two clean ups already on a rushed morning, then that last pee...blah. It does not matter the reason for the irritation, I can have every good reason in the world, but it is still sinful to be angry, and I can't blame anyone but myself.

But tomorrow is another day.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it is and isnt it great how we get to try again and again with each new day ;)