summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

a new day

Three days in a row to the pool! I got out that door this morning and swam for 25 minutes. I had some coffee before I left, a few grapes and almonds. Came home, swept the floor, washed some dishes, cleaned up things here and there...and prepared my oats...craisins, unsweetened coconut, crunchy peanutbutter, and a few sliced almonds. Oh, and a splash of honey. With whole milk. I ate all the good stuff off the top, and decided not to finish the oats. I am full enough. I still want to have a grapefruit, but perhaps I will wait and have some protein with it in a few hours and have it as a proper snack.

I am not giving up this fight against fat! I am not making much progress, so I am trying to change things up and work harder.

Emily and Margaret are home from Norway. I picked them up from the airport last night. I think they had a remarkable trip, from the sounds of it. One of their flights was memorable because a man suffering from extreme vertigo was throwing up...Emily assisted the flight attendants and took his blood pressure for them. For that, she was given a $150 voucher for a future flight. Not too shabby to be a registered nurse, I guess.

Sometimes things happen that I am not at liberty to write about. And since I cannot mention things sometimes, I feel like I am practicing the Sin Of Omission, if there is such a thing. Acting like everything is Hunky Dory, when in fact I have some things to cry about. But as a Mama, as a friend, as a wife...I cannot always tell other people's business, even if it affects me. Sometimes I think it would be fun to ditch this blog, and start writing more anonymously. Anyway, life has it's trials. But God IS bigger than the boogieman, bigger than Godzilla, and the monsters on t.v., according to the VeggieTales. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3).

Overall I have nothing to complain about.

Margaret is home today recuperating from her journey. She just appeared with her laundry basket, and most certainly with plenty of good stories about her trip...so goodbye for now....

2 comments:

Grace said...

That's awesome that your daughter, the nurse, could take care of someone on the plane. I know you are very proud of her.

Anonymous said...

How lovely for the girls to experience this trip together.

You are not to be blamed for omitting more serious things, it is understandable you have to be discreet. Whoever said you have to share ALL your goings-on.If you need to be prayed for just ask.. You don't owe an explanation.