summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 15, 2015

eating less feeling better, and other important things....

1. I still love food. I see the muffins and the cookies and the hundreds of varieties of snack foods, and I admire them. I will never be repulsed by a cupcake with the frosting swirled on so yummily, or the thought of a homemade oatmeal cookie with that distinct texture...or pumpkin pie...or pumpkin muffins...oh heavenly goodness.

2. My health is very important to me, this is the only body I've got. Years and years of carbo-loading, interrupted sleep, busy crazy days...left my poor body in shambles. I am trying to pick up the pieces, and if it means living without all that "good" stuff for the rest of my life, so be it. It won't kill me. I just know that going completely without it is better for me than it was to try to be careful.

3. My tastes are changing. Raw broccoli is one of my new favorites. Imagine that. Me, loving raw broccoli.

Today has been fun. Kim and I went shopping for our church grille. She is eating healthy these days too, and seems to be feeling better already. We never run out of things to talk about. We stopped into the thrift store, and I found Nike sneakers for Jon for $7...ha, a bit expensive but they fit him perfectly. He is growing fast, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that it's foolish to spend a lot of money on footwear for growing kids.

Evelyn and I are going on a little adventure tomorrow!!!! Our trip to the now-closed insane asylum. It's open once a year for one day, and we are going on the three hour walking tour. We are getting up at the butt-crack of dawn, yeah, I have teenagers...and going to breakfast first...making a day of it.

Later in the day, I am working at the grille at the church...

Fun and more fun.

And bye for now...someone peed on the couch, and it wasn't me. hmm.

No comments: