summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 31, 2015

time...the most precious commodity...

It's intangible, worth more than gold, and sometimes people have too much of it on their hands. We hate wasting it on waiting in line or being on hold or sitting in waiting rooms. Time is truly precious.

It flies when we're having fun, which is why my particular life is going by so fast.

BTW, off on a tangent, do you know what I hate? A quiet house with a ticking clock. I hate the sound of a ticking clock, period. It just seems to scream, "Your life is going by!"

My princesses are needing me...Char just put gum in Cam's hair, then pulled it back out. They are full of "it", and need something to do. So off I go to spend some of my precious commodity with them...:)

1 comment:

Joni said...

Interesting how you hate the sound of the clock ticking. I just love hearing the clock tick in the late evening once the house is quiet. It's like therapy to me. Here's what I think it is: we have a rather small family, but all seven children were born in exactly seven years. To the day. The first four were very close in age (all born a little early -- and the oldest was not quiet three when the fourth was born! And we just love every one of them, and I'm like you -- I just loved realizing that I was expecting another one. Every single time. Each baby was received as such a great gift. And I craved to have another baby (or twins) for years after the last one was born -- I was 'old' when the first was born, yet not so old (41) when the last came along.) We all just so love babies, our kids have also just felt that it's quite unfair that we weren't given any more!

Anyway -- as you know, with a house full of little ones, there is much demand for Mom's attention. And to have the house so quiet that I can hear the clock tick, means that I have done my deeds for the day; everyone is accounted for, healthy and happy, etc. The ticking is a soothing rhythm. Maybe like a 'white sound'. I also love the sound of a fan blowing. :)