summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 15, 2015

happy in a messy house...


I can't keep up around here. We had a playdough table for a few days...cleaned it up, and they put up the portable ping pong net and moved the table out from the wall a few feet...the dogs came in with muddy feet, and I already mopped the floors this morning. The counters just don't like to be bare and clean...there are school books and crayons and art projects all over one of the tables...but if I wait until it is spotless to be happy, it ain't gonna happen.

I like clean. I like shiny, and organized. Oh, I bought a really neat new tea kettle today.

(Kim and I stopped at the thrift store today.)

Ah well...life is good.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

My friend always used to say "a clean house is a sign of a neurotic woman" !!!! Could be true.......who knows :-) you can't have dogs and a spick and span house. I would know.....I have 2 Labradors. You can mop and vacuum every day and there is STILL hair!!! But I would rather have the dogs, hair and all I gave to say.

Marilyn from Canada

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, you are SO right. The labs are worth the work. We love them, hug them, and just look at their cute faces and wonder how we got so lucky. I think they are therapeutic too.