summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

rainy morning with lots of kids....


Hess trucks...at least fifteen of them...and waffletown...= fun. Two of my brother's grandchildren are here with us today, they were here Monday and yesterday too. My niece, their mama, is having another baby in a few weeks. She used to play here when she was a little girl, how time flies.

The little one is just two years old, and she is a doll. She is cuddly, and likes to climb on my lap and read, "The Big Pink Book of Everything" with me. The five year old big brother is sweet, smart, and keeps busy. He is having a good time with Jon, and Jon's plentiful toys.

I feel such a weight of responsibility, having other people's children here. Was I so paranoid and watchful with my own kids when they were smaller? It's joyful to have the little ones here, but also in a way, exhausting. Maybe because I'm old now.:)

It makes me wonder too, how did I ever manage? For Monday and Tuesday, we had a few cousins and a friend here too, making lunch and snack time busier than it's been in a while.

So last evening, I took Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille to the movies. The movie was showing at 7:00, but we arrived a bit before six, oops...good thing the theatre is located right next to my favorite dollar store, with BigLots next to that. We burned that hour, easy. Pool floaties, a new rug for the floor in front of the kitchen sink, pumpkin seeds to eat during the movie instead of popcorn...

We saw, "Inside Out", and it was entertaining. The best part was when Jon and I both laughed at something and looked at each other. And the way the little girls were just plain entranced, enchanted...less is more where these things are concerned...they appreciate it so much when they rarely go.

It's too busy to concentrate right now...Sonja, Kathryn, Suzanne, Evelyn, and cousin Olivia, Cam, Char, Jon, the two visiting children...are here and there and talking and playing...

1 comment:

Tereza said...

I feel like I'm sitting right there watching all the action:) your writing style makes it that way. So fun