Tuesday, July 7, 2015
we deserve to be tired....
Kathryn, Suzanne, Evelyn, and Sonja, with Charlotte Claire and Camille in the front...late night Walmarting. It was after 11 when we left the store. We had important things to get, like gum and ice cream (for them), almonds and cashews, and pool shock. I also got two $2 tank tops for Jonathan, and a bag of Doritos for these girls. While they enjoyed ice cream cones on the way home, I had a piece of beef jerky and a few slugs of Powerade Zero.
We visited Grandma first, and watched part of a Shirley Temple movie. She was pretty adorable.
The princesses are awake, they slept in my big comfy bed with me last night, and were asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows. Jonathan is at his friend's house, and the big kids are all still sleeping. It's a cloudy day, perfect for sleeping. I have been up since seven, because as soon as I wake up in the morning, my thoughts start thinking, and I can't fall back to sleep. I read for too long last night, as Paul is gone away again, and I can leave the light on next to my bed....so I am tired, but I deserve it:)
Today is Take Duke To The Vet Day. Jonathan texted me from his friend's house this morning, asking me what time the appointment is, and what was going to be done. I explained that it is just a consultation and he texted that is he worried. Oh Jonathan. I've been so busy thinking about me, about how I don't want to go through this, that I rather forgot that other people love Duke too. Stupid Duke, being so nice and gentle and happy and thankful for each pat on the head. He has to go wag his tail if one even looks in his direction. blah.
I have been lazy today. I put a bag of shock in the pool, because it is so close to being crystal clear. We have so many mosquitoes, I got bit up just going to the back yard. I washed a few dishes, wiped down the counter, took a load of laundry out and put most of it away...then made my coffee, and settled into my comfy chair, without even sweeping the floors.
Here are some random things floating around in my head:
1. I have to do final report cards for the five homeschoolers.
2. There are dentist appointments to be made.
3. I have free tickets for an Adirondack theme park, through a homeschooling program, for myself (teacher!), and four of the kids. I want to go during the week when the lines will be shorter, and have to figure out if I want to wait forever and a day for Paul to figure out when he can accompany us, or just take a few of the older kids and suck it up and pay for their tickets...and whether to camp in tents (what if it rains!?), or get a hotel for two nights and make it a restful vacation.
4. We rented the camp for next summer! We liked it so much, we want to go back! Having all the family together in a place away from the hustle and bustle of life was so amazing, we all want to do it again.
5. Mali got rear-ended yesterday. Oh, that text! I called her right away to see if she is okay, and she was fine, but shaken up. She was hit in the rear as the light turned green...lots of damage to her nice new car. But I told her: A car is a car, but the most important thing is that she is okay. I wonder what the driver who hit her thought when she got out of her car with that big pregnant belly....
6. Charlotte Claire and Camille are having apple pie and chocolate ice cream for breakfast. I bought the pie yesterday at Wegman's for $5, they have the best apple pies...I want some. But I will not have some.
And that's all I have to say about that.