summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

homemade bread, puppies, and showers...


Little Miss Sunshine...


And bread! I have never ever made homemade bread before, and decided on a whim to buy some yeast yesterday when in the store with the homeschooled kids...we were deciding what to have for our dinner, which was going to be a fun lonely dinner for only five kids and me. Paul and the older kids were working at the college basketball stadium. Anyway, I have made plenty of bread years ago in the breadmaker...oh, that was fun, just dump in the ingredients, push the buttons, and it made bread. It was lovely, but never enough bread for all these kids. I liked making pizza dough in it too, but it took all day to make three or four batches, so I had to actually think ahead and start in the morning, ha.

Anyway, bread happened. I let all the kids who wanted to, give it a bit of kneading. The smell of it baking, then having it sliced up hot with butter...oh joy. It hurt my tummy though, I don't eat bread these days...but it was worth it.

Today, we did some school, then I took just Miss Camille and went to the thrift store. Gymnastics was cancelled, so they set up mats all over the living room and did it at home. Anyway, Cam and I went to the thrift store. I found the little girls some cute sweaters, and a sweater for the sweater wreath we are going to make, and a few other trinkets.

Then to the dollar store to get table cloths for the wedding shower. I also found bags of Dove Mocha Swirled chocolate drops...I haven't opened any, they're for the shower, and some for Christmas. They also had the bags of Dove chocolate covered blueberries with cashews, which Evelyn opened, and I tried...oh they're good.

It's time to make dinner, and yours truly doesn't feel like it. Margaret took three of her sisters (Kathryn, Suzanne, and Sonja) out shopping, then they're going to Mali's place to babysit for little Lydia Eleanor for a few hours. Joseph is taking Char and Cam to Activity club in a few hours, so it will just be Evelyn, Jonathan, Paul, and I here.

And...dinner does not make itself.

1 comment:

Marilyn from Canada said...

I can smell that bread!! Yummy😋 You could have made grilled cheese sandwiches with that lovely fresh bread 🤗🤗 Little Miss Sunshine is just gorgeous. I love labs.........So big shower plans now! You are going to be very busy for several weeks now. Have fun!!

Marilyn from Canada