summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

when it's dark and rainy....


View from my front window...the trees are getting stark. The darkness makes it cozy in here, with those fake flames dancing in the new fake fireplace, the dogs snoring on the couch.



Yesterday, it was sunny and nice...I went for a walk...

These cows weren't worried about the election.


It was a lovely autumn day.

Today is a lovely day too. The election news has many feeling ill, in shock. It's as if they had already written their praises for H.C.'s win, and when they had to scramble to give the nod to Mr. T., it was grudgingly, pointing out his flaws...oh, the regret in their voices that she's not the winner.

Honestly, I'm glad it wasn't her. I don't want our rights restricted even more, and I think that's the way she was headed, plus I don't trust her. She doesn't come off as a kind, warm, loving woman., ha.

Yesterday I sanded the wood frames around the kitchen windows, so I can paint them. In the afternoon, I went to the craft store with Margaret. I cannot go to craft stores. I cannot. Since I changed the colors of the living room, I wanted to change up the Christmas decor a little bit...and oh dear, the ideas I got, walking through that craft store! We already want to make a sweater wreath with a pool noodle, but now I have lots of other little projects as well. We bought some rose petals for the little flower girls, and some lovely decorations for the tables.

Tonight, I am going to a LulaRoe party. My friend/sister-in-law is a new representative, or whatever you call it, she now sells LulaRoe clothes. They are pricey, but very nice. I bought leggings and a skirt a few months ago, and really like them. I offered to bring a few of my daughters, and they accepted...but now I wondered if that was really smart, ha.

(The clothes are comfy, and soft, and flexible as far as sizes go...)

Anyway. Today is gymnastics, and also half price at the thrift store. Last week we had too much fun, the kids found a digital camera, in the box, with cords and the case, instructions, and everything, for $5.99. They have had more fun with it...and Camille has a really old iPod, her being low man on the totem pole, kids passing them on. She needed a charger, and found a docking station for just a few bucks, and it works. And of course I found my ugly oak mirror that transformed into exactly what I was looking for, painted with white chalk paint. Oh, and Jon found a Monopoly Build It game, the pieces still in the packages, for four dollars.

So we may go there today before gymnastics.


















No comments: