summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

it's pie day!!!!!

This fine morning, after wasting an inordinate amount of time trying to put cute puppy pictures on this blog, along with one cute kitty picture, and a pic of a random guy holding a cat with the saying, "Feline Paralysis: The condition one has when one cannot get up because of having a cat on his or her lap."

I don't know why I can't put pics on, but when I click on one, they all light up, and I am not putting a few hundred pictures on this post.

So I have a lot of kids, we know this. We also know that for years upon years, two and a half decades...I was sleep deprived. Sleep starved. There were times and seasons of more and less, but mostly I had less. Fast forward to now, my youngest is nine. I get to sleep through the night, yay me! Well. There are dogs. Dogs who like to get up before dawn some mornings...dogs who interrupt my dark cozy slumber with those irritating intermittent yelps.

When I come out here to take them out, they are BEYOND HAPPY to see me! Oh, the smiles on their faces, they wag their entire bodies, knocking each other out of the way to be closest to me! Their barks worked! I appeared!

It's a good thing they're cute, I'll tell you that. And believe you me, I have written their craigslist ads in my head more than once, on those days where I am convinced that three dogs is three dogs too many. ha.

So I got up at six, on a day when there is no school.

I have taken them out three times, washed dishes, wiped down the counters, and made coffee. They are fed and watered, and played with, now snoring on the couch. Miss Charlotte Claire is the first child awake this morning, besides Jonathan, who went hunting with Paul way early this morning.

This fine morning isn't for lounging around though. I have to bring Sonja to her orthopedic appointment, which was cancelled Monday due to the snow storm. Four hours later is gymnastics, and it makes no sense to drive from the small city to home then back again, so I will be bringing the little girls...and all the other girls who have been in the house so much lately. So it will be a whole van full of us going out and about...buying ingredients for pies, and food for tomorrow's thanksgiving feast.










No comments: