summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

snowy days, snowy roads...


The storm has wound down, the snow has stopped...the kids had a second snow day today, so we are drowning in Cozy. Cozy, you know, the fake fireplace glowing and humming, the white lights in the windows, chocolate cookies baking. Cozy...the fragrance of coffee brewing. Cozy...a Monopoly game played by kids wrapped in blankets. Cozy...popcorn and tea and watching, "Eloise At Christmastime..."

I did take a quick trip to town today to get a bag of dog chow, some eggs, bananas, and stuff for taco salad for dinner. We did have a turkey dinner yesterday, but not a traditional Thanksgiving meal...I had to cook the turkey because it wouldn't fit in the freezer...so we had it with just rolls and three different veggies, and cranberry sauce. I froze all the leftovers, including the gravy/juices, so that we wouldn't tire of turkey right before Turkey Day. (Joseph never gets tired of turkey, so I did leave a baggie in the 'fridge for him, which is gone already...)

Anyway, I was able to go to town today, but hurried back so Paul could go back out hunting before dark. He took Jonathan with him today, they spotted a few, shot at one, hit it, tracked it, lost it. :( (deer).

Lydia is coming over soon, and Joseph and Evelyn left to work at the basketball game, I didn't have to work this one, yay!

I don't mind the winter, the cold, the blustery wind whipping around the house...I just hate driving in it.

Tomorrow I have to get up early to do our Thanksgiving dinner shopping, take Sonja to the orthopedic doctor, then take the three youngest to gymnastics. Then...it's time to make pies! I suggested we just have pumpkin and chocolate, but one daughter whined for apple. Hmm, did anyone whine for blueberry or lemon meringue?

Emily's bringing the squash from her garden, and I will get some wine. It will be a nice holiday, but Mirielle will be at work, a 12 hour shift on Thanksgiving. It rarely works out for all of them to have a holiday off, so we try to pick a day near the holiday to celebrate, this year Thursday itself works for all but one, so...wah. I love having Mirielle in the kitchen, she is a riot and she knows how to get things done.

So we will have let's see...17 here for dinner.

One of them is little Lydia, our littlest sunshine. (I can't wait though, Miss Anya, our west coast granddaughter, is coming soon!!!!! She'll be here for a few weeks!)

We're having brunch first, overnight French Toast, crepes with berries, scrambled or fried eggs, sausage, bacon...that's enough food for an entire day, ha. Orange juice, coffee...mmm.

No comments: