summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, November 7, 2016

my baby, my buddy, my little friend....


Happy Birthday, Camille!!! Nine years old, and just as sweet as ever!



She chose lemon cupcakes, which out of my three specialties, are the most labor intensive...the zest of nine lemons, fresh-squeezed juice...it took several hours to make them, make the frosting, and decorate them. But oh they are good...simple syrup (some of the fresh lemon juice with sugar)on the top before icing them...just a bit more tang...a bit more flavor...the frosting is made from lots of butter, lemon zest, and of course lots of confectioner's sugar.

They were too too good, and I ate one...! I sent a container of them with Emily to take to work, nurses deserve cupcakes. I wrapped the rest up, two to a baggy, and put them in the refrigerator, out of sight, slightly out of mind. The cake is still wrapped in the fridge...mmm.

Anyway. Miss Cam is nine. She had presents yesterday, one sister got her an art kit, one the Twister game and a pretty necklace, and one a Kindle Fire tablet and a nice sweater. She had ham for dinner, as requested, and baked potatoes, and a big pan of homemade baked apples.
And salad, although that wasn't requested, ha.

We celebrated yesterday because Paul and Abigail had things to do this evening. But today is her birthday, so the celebrating continued...we went to the rec center pool, then to...Chinese...the Chinese buffet...they really enjoyed it.

So no dinner tonight...the kids had a bowl of cereal. I have been buying less cereal, but I did get Camille a huge box of Fruity Pebbles for her birthday, she shrieked with happiness when she opened it...

Anyway. Lydia just left, she was here for a few hours, she is so cute. Cousin Danielle is here for night #3, they are still having fun. Silliness is going on this very moment.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I'm not quite certain how she and Josh (my grandson) got to nine year old already.
I hope she had a great one. It certainly was an incredibly gorgeous day!
:0)