summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

back to real life...

Yesterday was a SNOW DAY! Do you even realize how nice that was? Oh, I had big plans to get schooling done, and unpack, and organize...but the high school girls were home, and I actually went back to bed when I found out school was cancelled. Lydia wasn't coming over, Anne's mom is a teacher, so I don't have her little two year old self when there's no school. But the winds were powerful, gusting 50, 60 mph, with threats of power outages. Since we don't have running water when the power goes out, I decided to get up and fill pitchers and kettles. (once, a few years ago, I decided to stock up on some gallons of water in case our power went out, but do you know what my kids did? They drank that water. They used it to make coffee because duh it tastes better....)(I tried). Anyway. It was six in the morning, and I went back to bed.

Going back to bed is delicious. I mentally checked off all the reasons why I actually didn't need to be up for anything, and woo hoo, back to bed. I didn't sleep too much more, but I snuggled in and relaxed, and fell back to sleep for a bit.

It doesn't take much. Seriously. Sleep deprivation was the hardest thing for me for years and years and years. Now I just am in love with a good night's sleep.

So yesterday's big plans and ambitions went right out the window, as we binge watched Psyche and had popcorn. I made pancakes for the kids. (I ate some frozen almond bread, warmed up with butter and a teaspoon of apricot preserves. mmm)

For dinner, I cubed up the leftover pork loin roast, browned it up in olive oil with some taco seasoning, and served it with tomatoes, cilantro, leftover rice, olives, cheese, sour cream...Sonja browned up the corn and flour tortillas in another frying pan...they were good, the pork tasted like chicken.

Emily stopped over for a visit. She is taking her kitties to the vet this morning, so Char and Cam went along with her to help. I am leaving in like uh-oh, ten minutes, to take Jonathan for an eye exam....oops, off I go! Bye for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Della, I made the roast you mentioned over the weekend, and it turned out great! Thank you for promoting Aldi roasts. I buy everything there but roasts, and am glad I can add that to our rotation. Enjoy your day!
Valerie from Ohio