summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

the sunny days just speed by!!!


Mariel Joy...



The dolphins, Aaron, and our little friend...



Brekky, and the dolphins...

We start each day slowly...get up, dress for breakfast, bring the swimsuits with us...breakfast is lovely, hot coffee with milk, served at the table. Omelets made to order every day, I like green peppers and tomatoes, and a nice side of bacon. I'm trying to behave, oh it's hard, there are so many pastries and donuts and yummy things.

Then we mosey on down to get towels, and some chairs in the sun by the pool...we drink our bottled water, take a swim, get a drink, play in the aquamarine ocean waves, then rinse off and sit by the pool again. Lunch buffet, open air on the beach, for some tortillas and pico, a few taquitos, a couple of fries maybe...some chicken...coffee...then back to the pool again.

Now we are chilling in our room, we have evening reservations for a Mexican restaurant. So we've showered, and soon we'll get dressed and head out.

We've been bowling twice, oh how fun!!

I'm actually cold right now, poor me ha, our room is air conditioned, and I've been in the sun.

As nice as it's been to totally relax, I don't think it's the life for me. I miss my kids of course, and my dear husband, who happens to be in Nevada for work right now, but I miss the dogs and almost the kitties too.

I do not miss washing dishes and sweeping floors, nor do I miss doing a load of laundry or cooking dinner.

It's eye opening to be among so many privileged people here, I tell you. I find myself so critical of the crass behavior, the drinking and general entitled-ness. Lots of people are nice, and I like making friends, but I don't ever want to become a snob, where I don't appreciate things.

Anyway...it's so nice here...:)

No comments: