summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

snow day!!!! no school!!!

February in central New York state, ugh. We're right in the path of the lake effect snow, and it's coming down. Not only seven inches of snow, but freezing rain later? We are staying home today. I'm glad we stopped in Walmart yesterday and have milk, bread, and eggs. Today might just be a baking bread day. hmmm.

Lydia is here, and is spending the night. She is such a cuddly little sweetie pie. I brought home Kinder eggs for the girls, and for Lydia and Anya, and haven't passed them out yet, except Cam had one on Saturday. :)

The kids are still sleeping, and oh my goodness it's cozy in here. The fake fireplace is humming, my coffee is yummy, and the snow is coming down out there, making the house bright and Christmas-y. I like the sunshine on my skin, but I admit to being totally in love with COZY. Blankets strewn on the couches, lighting candles on the coffee table in the evenings, hot tea when I've had enough coffee.

There are building blocks and dollhouses, little trucks and cars, toy dishes and foods, strewn around our happy living room.

Ah well....maybe I should go put some dinner in the crockpot. Shh, Aldi sells the best chuck roast. I used to avoid both chuck roasts, and meat from Aldi, but I have discovered their beef is really really good. It's packaged shrink wrapped, and lasts longer in the refrigerator. Chuck roast with all the fat...well, that's what makes it so good, I guess. I dredge it in flour, brown it on all sides in hot olive oil, then put it in the crock pot, sprinkled with a packet of brown gravy mix. Add some carrots, potatoes, and a sliced onion, and oh dear, you've got a yummy dinner. In my book, there's nothing quite as satisfying as knowing what's for dinner.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Hi Della..........I agree...I like to know what’s for dinner too. Have you used your Instant Pot yet? Mine has a slow cooker function on it I haven’t tried it yet but plan to soon. You must be getting excited about going to Florida!! I hope the roads are good for your drive down. I’ve seen some awful weather over in the east. It will be fun for you all to see Grandma too. Have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada