summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 3, 2019

here in the tropical wonderland...


Our trip went well. Evelyn and Mariel and mama, we got to sit together on the first flight.

We got up at 2:45 a.m. and you know me, Miss Check The Time, can't go to bed at eleven and sleep for a few hours, no, I have to wake up every fifteen minutes to make sure I didn't sleep through the alarm.

Our layover in Detroit was fine, we got coffee and muffins, and walked a few miles up and down the airport.

Then, off to Cancun!



It took forever to get through customs, hundreds and hundreds of hot tired travelers, one man fainted.

Then the drive to the resort, and checking in, checking out our beautiful room and cleaning up for dinner, and dinner at the buffet, and wandering around...

But first, dinner: we went to the buffet, and oh.my.goody.good.goodness. What fun! There's a kids' station, with all kinds of chicken nuggets stuff, and: two soft ice cream machines. The dessert table was wowza. I did indeed put four desserts on my plate, but tasted two and ate two. I am going to have to be just a teeny bit careful here.

And ahh, a good night's sleep.

This fine morning, I took a long hot shower, and we're ready to start the day. The sun is shining and the birds are flitting through the palm trees. The slider doors are open, and the air is deliciously warm. We don't have to cook breakfast, just head to the buffet. I'll be at the omelet station, and heaven help us if there's a donut table.


The view from our balcony.

I won't lie. My body is not in heaven, not totally. We walked 5.7 miles yesterday. I'm not going to sit here and complain to you about my knee, nor my feet, or how it's hard to be a fat girl in a tropical climate. Because I am totally thankful to be here. I just want to keep it real.

So today we have big plans. Just kidding! Our plans go like this: go to beach, pool, remember sunscreen, have coffee, find beach restaurant that has the ice cream...

(All-inclusive resorts are exactly that. Everything included. There's a bowling alley here, and though you do have to pay to actually bowl, there are drinks and snacks and burgers and fries and all sorts of food, free. Last night I had a blended Marguerita, free. All the meals, the restaurants, drinks at the swim up bar, free.

It's not really free, but. It is all paid ahead of time, so it seems like it is, and it's nice.


3 comments:

An American Housewife said...

I'm going to live vicariously through you today... in spirit anyway. The beach, pool, coffee, beach pool, dinner. Sounds like my kind of day. Thanks for checking in! (And I didn't realize you had to go through customs long lines like that - I thought those would be fast and easy and it would just be getting OUT that would take forever. Ugh.)

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della 🌞🌞🌞 Isn’t it lovely to feel that hot sun after the awful cold? You can burn very easily down there........🌞🌞......They also serve drinkies on the beach at most places. It is heavenly. The food is always amazing..........an omelette and fruit is always a good bet and there will definitely be donuts!! Have a wonderful day!!🌴🌴

Marilyn from Canada

Susan said...

Oh Della, you should be selling vacation packages to this resort!! The landscaping is beautiful and food sounds wonderful. Thank you so much for being our virtual tour guide!!
♥️♥️♥️♥️ Susan