summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, February 24, 2019

wedding pics, and back to New York!!!!


Mitch&May Photography and Bethany Waters...for the above and below photos.

Well, I wasn't there, but what a lovely bride, my daughter Kathryn Grace! Congratulations to her and Darius! They are with friends on the west coast. They were married on Friday, then had a nice gathering on Saturday.


I am sad that I missed it, and sad that Kathryn has settled down so very far away, in Oregon. But I am thankful she has good friends there, and that she is so happy with Darius.

Well, we left Florida yesterday morning, and drove until we were both exhausted. He drove, I kept an eye on things. Signal lights are just for decoration, apparently, and cell phones MUST be used while driving. (Florida drivers are the worst!). We took a nap at a rest stop, just slept in the car for a few hours. Then, back on the road....all night, until that sun came up, then got home before noon.

Home...yay, the dogs!!!! Sunny got anxious while were gone and ate Joe and Bethany's door.

We owe them a new door.

Home. I wiped down counters, swept floors, and cleaned out the drawers in the refrigerator. One would think that I actually missed doing these type of things, but one would be WRONG. I do not enjoy doing them, I only enjoy the end result, ha.

Paul and I had to head down to the airport to return the rental vehicle, and I didn't cry. It was a brand new Chevy Suburban with seating for eight. Oh it was nice. With only four kids with us, we actually had extra room.

We stopped for some groceries on the way home, then home to....make dinner! I had marinated some pork loin roasts as soon as we got home, Suzanne put them in the oven on low when we left for the airport. So when I got home, I made some jasmine rice, broccoli, and green beans. I also cut up a tomato and some cilantro, yum.

Margaret and Adrian were here for a bit with little Wulf. :)

Suzanne, Sonja, and Charlotte went to a dinner with their sisters, friends, and friends from Winnipeg. Camille is painting, Paul fixed the washing machine (he ordered a new pump before we left...it came while we were gone, he installed it today! The second load is already almost done.

It's so nice to be home. The doggies are so sweet and cuddly and glad to see us. The kitties are purry and cuddly too.

Don't get me wrong, I loved being in Florida. We went to the beaches at the Gulf coast THREE TIMES. We soaked in the pool, which opened on the very next day after I found out it was closed all week. (fake news, ha). We sunned and lounged and played in the waves. We went out to dinner once, and made some really good dinners. Aaron and Riley visited Grandma, and made a steak dinner that rivaled any I've ever had. On Friday night we celebrated Suzanne's 18th birthday with pizza and chicken wings.

Yesterday was her real birthday, so on the way home, we stopped to gas up, and lo and behold there was a DairyQueen there! Yeah, I got one too, not a sundae like the girls, just a cone, but shh, a large one.

I'm glad the driving part is behind us.

(this was after we were on the road for a while...ugh)
It's kind of nice to be home. We have school work to dive into, and Miss Lyd and Miss Anne, my three year old granddaughter and my great-niece, will be coming in the morning to spend the day here with us. I need to unpack, and a shower sounds heavenly.

Samuel is coming for a visit this coming weekend. Well, not really for a visit, just visiting because he has to come to New York for Army Reserves drill. So we'll see him Friday, and on Saturday evening:). But I'm not complaining.

The weather here in New York state, oh my! Wind gusts up to 70 miles per hour, snow up in Oswego, some snow here during the night. It was warm and rainy earlier, but brrr, a cold front moved in. I drove through some serious fog in the mountains of Pennsylvania this morning, it was just plain scary. I could not see where I was going. Anyway, I miss that 85 - 90 degree warmth already. It was soooooo nice!!!! Winter is making herself known this week, all week long. Highs in the twenties, snow, brr.

Ah well. Time to move it:)








1 comment:

Susan said...

Beautiful bride and lovely photos! Kathryn looks just like you Della. The reception looks very elegant.
Wow, Sunny really must have missed you. Wondering how long it took her to make that hole??