summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

home sweet home...

 ...and Paul is sick.  Am I getting it too?  I am tired, and have a sore throat, but maybe I'll fight it off.  It was a rainy Memorial Day, we cancelled having all the kids over because of Paul.  Yesterday I went shopping for burgers and hot dogs, buns and chips, salt potatoes, a water melon, strawberries, blueberries, drinks, cookies...then we canceled. 

It's been a crazy couple of days.  Rhys was sick, sicker, then went to the hospital, ruptured appendix.  She had a drain put in, and lots of antibiotics, and is coming home tonight.  

She felt better, and got to visit the play room, and Achilles got to visit too.   After the fact, when you summarize it all into a paragraph with a picture, a tidy little story...but oh my goodness, when the little child is so sick, goes to the hospital, the realization that it's very serious, oh the prayers that went up for this sweet girl!

The quail family visited us in Arizona...
Aaron and Paul, looking for the wild burrows.
From the plane...
Ben and Ashley and family...
Paul and I visiting a very old establishment in Prescott, Arizona...

We're home now, and all the things I wanted to start in on, I have not had the energy to even think about.  Life is funny, and curveballs come, but God is always good. If He is for us, who can be against us?  

Have a really nice day!


10 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like lotsa fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Rhys!! I don't know if appendix would even be on my radar for someone so young. You all must have been so worried. Glad she is on the mend. Hugs!
Valerie

Mari said...

Oh my! First, I'm thankful that sweet Rhys is doing better. A rputured appendix isn't something to fool around with.
Glad you had fun, but sorry about the sickness. I hope Paul doesn't share those bugs so you don't get it!

Kara said...

All the positive vibes for Rhys. I had my appendix rupture in October, and it was a tough recovery (though I'm older so everything takes a long time). My daughter had an appendix attack in March, and since we had just gone through it with me, we were able to get her to the hospital, and have the whole thing taken out much more quickly. She was in and out of the hospital in 24 hours, and back to school on the next Monday (the doctor said she would have been fine on that Friday, but she was still tired).

Kanadiangirl said...

Dear Della, I'm so sorry to hear about Rhys (how do you pronounce that...I've always meant to ask). Yes, so scary when these things happen to our littles. I'm surprised they didn't operate on her!

American Housewife said...

Oh goodness - poor Rhys! How in the world did they figure out it was something serious enough to head the hospital? I'm always so "well, let's give it time.... let's wait and see...." because it's almost always something that passes. But then -always afraid I'll miss something important. How did they know it was serious enough to go in? (Granted, your whole family is in the medical profession... LOL... but still!)

Terri D said...

I have never heard of appendicitis in one so young!! Oh my goodness, y'all must have been crazy with worry. Glad she is doing okay. Sure hope you are able to fight off the sickness going around and that Paul is feeling better. Curve balls for sure. xo

16 blessings'mom said...

Kara, oh dear, that must have been so extremely painful, and what are the chances your daughter would have it so soon after? Oh dear, glad she healed up so quickly. Rhys (pronounced Reese) was sick with a fever for days, threw up a few times, had a tummy ache, we had friends with kids with the flu, so just thought it was that...but she just wasn't getting better...I was in Arizona...Darius brought her to pediatrician on Wednesday, was sent home with instructions to get a urine sample, thought to be a UTI...well, I didn't think that was it! She was still sick on Thursday, so Sonja suggested ER, I also had...her inflamatory markers in blood test were sky high..then a CT scan revealed the appendix had already burst, probably four days prior. She is a very very lucky little girl, she had angels watching over her for sure. They couldn't safely do surgery with all the infection, so a drain was put in, and some different antibiotics given. She will be seen frequently, and it will be decided whether the appendix will need to come out in the next few months. It IS rare in such a small child, she's a teeny girl, turning three next month. Keep her in your prayers as she heals up, and thank you all for such kind words!

Marilyn said...

Oh Della poor little sweetheart! I had terrible appendix’s problems and finally they took it out and it was mangled they said. Painful!! Dear sweet little darling 🥰 Oh dear such a worry. I hope Paul is feeling better and that whatever it is that you don’t get it too. I’m glad you had a lovely holiday though. Sounded nice and restful.

Have a lovely day 😊

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Marilyn, oh no, mangled! I can't even imagine the pain. I do think that Paul is a little better today than yesterday, but still can barely manage to get out of bed, which is not like him at all. We did have a really nice relaxing time in Arizona though...so glad we were able to go!