summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 17, 2024

the afternoon sun...

These birds wanted IN!
Hummingbird?
Parking lot cacti, not something you see in Central New York State.
You don't see this store either.  Evelyn and I had a bit of fun there yesterday afternoon.
There was a sign in the bakery, donuts five dollars a dozen on Fridays.  We thought we could buy them and take one bite out of each, for that price.  But what if they tasted really good, and we ate half of each?!  What if they were out-of-this-world delish, and we ate them all?!!

She gets done with work soon, and we're going for an afternoon swim.  I did my morning water aerobics, vacuumed the floors, went back outside for a bit, talked on the phone to my sister, had an afternoon iced coffee, read about how to paint the inside of your camper, ect., and other important things.  

I would have killed for this kind of leisure time, not too long ago.  Okay, not actually, but would have appreciated it immensely.  There is almost too much of a good thing though.  :). I'm super glad to have the pool though, I get in there and move, and it offsets the rest of the laziness:)

Did I tell you about the burgers that Riley made the other night?  Sliced onions, smash burgers cooked on a griddle on the grill, the onions caramelized, one slice of cheese between two patties, on a bun...oh dear.  


The kids tease me when I say that this was the best I ever had, but this was definitely the best burger ever.  Yes, I ate every bite.  I hadn't eaten anything but some peanuts in over 24 hours, and I was hungry, especially with the jet lag/time change.  Here it was 6:45, which felt like 9:45 for me...even days I fast all day, I eat dinner well before that.  

Anyway, it was good, and Evelyn and I are inspired to make some again tonight.  Last night we had fresh chicken wings, oven baked then airfried with Buffalo sauce and hot honey barbecue, roasted sweet potatoes and asparagus.  Mmmm.

I think it's time for that swim now....I am enjoying this time.  Oh, Evelyn and I went to Downeast yesterday and tried on some expensive dresses, just for fun, and I may have bought one...from the clearance rack, but still too much...but it's for Sonja's wedding!  Something crossed off the list, which is nice...especially because out here I can't get things done, ha.  

I have no complaints though.  It's nice to sun and swim and play with the dogs and relax...have a good day!
 

3 comments:

Mari said...

Glad you are having such a good time! That burger sounds soooo good!

Linda said...

Oh that burger looks really good! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh can't wait to see the dress, smiles.

Michelle in FL said...

Oh man, that burger looks so good! Enjoy your trip!