summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

joy and fun and seasons in the sun...

 Off we go to Phoenix!

With Evelyn...
And Paul...

Our travels went well, flying Southwest.  First to Baltimore, short and not so sweet, lots of turbulence.   The four and a half hr. flight to Phoenix was smoother, and Southwest is not too shabby, drinks and snacks, the ice water, then coffee...which I did not have, at that time of the night, although it smelled amazing.  

There's a new coffee maker here since my last visit, that nice one broke.  This is a Breville, and it's also pretty nice!  

It grinds the beans into the scoop thing, pull the lever to tamp, then screw the scoop in on the other side, press the buttons, and pick your poison.  I like a hot Americano in the morning, soon I'll have an iced one.

The dogs were so happy to see us last night, Banjo and Pretzel, the Border Collies, and Lily the Lab.  I know they remember us.  They're all quiet here now, settled down.  Aaron, Riley, Paul, and Evelyn are all working from home today, I'm just relaxing and trying not to distract them too much.  

The pool is amazing.  It's 84 degrees outside, the pool is about 82, the sky is brilliantly blue, the sun blazing.  The air is dry, and getting out of the pool is almost chilly. Since I am missing my water aerobics classes, I did all the exercises, and it felt great.  I dried off in the sun, but then came back in.  I don't want to get a sunburn on the first day!  I'll go back out in a few hours...

A random picture from this blog, just a few short years ago with my youngest seven kids.  Camille wasn't even two yet.  Life has changed so much, those were busy, crazy days.  

Now I'm here in this clean quiet house...

Paul helping Aaron with something...Lily lounging...I already miss Charlotte Claire and Camille...mostly Camille because when I was here last September, Cam was here with me, and was my swimming/sunning buddy.  Evelyn is here, but is working.  Being away from the grandkids for so long is hard for me too, but it's also so nice to be here.  

Pretzel...


Banjo

I've been out in the pool twice today, limiting time in the sun so I don't get a sunburn, plus it's so hot out there!  But I'm not complaining!  Have a really nice day!

5 comments:

Mari said...

It looks wonderful! Have a great time!

Terri D said...

Enjoy that pool and the warm sunshine!! Have fun!! I love the photos!!

Cindy said...

The Arizona heat and the pool both sound wonderful! It was in the 80's here in Seattle earlier this week and my granddaughter and I had gone into a shop. When we came out she said it felt like San Diego. :) I hope you have a great time!

Marilyn said...

Good morning Della! How lovely you can visit the Phoenix guys! It will be lovely. The weather sounds wonderful. Lucky you! No you don’t want to get a burn on your first day as that spoils the rest of your holiday. It was nice that Evelyn could go too! Has she been before?

Have a great holiday Della! 😊


Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

16 blessings'mom said...

Mari, thank you!
Terri, I have been enjoying the pool, love it.
Cindy, it is SO warm here, I love it though.
Marilyn, it is lovely. Evelyn has been here before, she is so much fun to spend time with. Thank you!