summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, November 24, 2007

days with lots of kids home

We had Thanksgiving dinner on Friday night this year. Emily had to work on Thursday. So we had a brunch on Turkey day, with all 16 kids, and Paul and I. We had homemade waffles, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, fruit, oj, and coffee(even for kids)...it was fun. Then, chicken wings and pizza for dinner. Some of us went to my brother's house for pie. Then, after getting to bed at midnight, and up at 2:30 with Camille, Abigail came in at 4:00am to get me up for shopping. We had to shuffle some cars in the driveway (A 15 passenger van, the truck, Em's car, Ab's car, and Ben's car), and it had snowed. Ab backed the van out, and hit Em's car, everything was icy, the windows frosty. She didn't cause any damage, except to my throat as I stood there yelling at her how close she was coming...anyways, off we went to get some bargains. Camille was well fed and well bundled, and I stayed out of the busy part of Wal-Mart, and sent the girls to get the stuff we wanted..then to staples, then to big-lots, and then the mall...we got a big dent in the shopping. I had a nap yesterday, but still feel like a zombie. With a two-week old baby, I haven't had more than 2 1/2 hours at a stretch since I had her. And life goes on. And I need to balance that out by saying how thankful I am: for Camille: she is so sweet-she falls asleep like a champ, sometimes while laying on her back on my lap...she is so calm. I would love her even if she was a fuss, but I am thankful for her good nature. I am thankful for the kids, and the fellowship we have together. The older ones are so much fun, and the younger are quite entertaining too. And for Paul, he's great. He still loves me, too, so that's something! And for the two kittens. We left some pie on the counter last night, and when I got up with Camille, I heard them out there feasting....Well, off to do some laundry.

No comments: