summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, January 10, 2015

saturday night....

I'm old. It's ten o'clock, and I'm tired. The little girls are still awake, they are in their room, supposedly getting in bed so I can come in and pray with them and tuck them in. They seemed to have been sidetracked, and are probably playing dolls. Paul is watching football, with the sound turned down thankfully. Old kitty is on my lap purring, and I have a blanket covering my feet, over the socks and slippers. It's another chilly night here in Narnia.

Emily came over tonight, right as I took homemade meatballs out of the oven. Nine of the kids were here for dinner. We also had pasta (not me), artisan bread from Aldi that we heated in the oven (not me...well, I tasted a piece of the crust, oh heavenly yum). I had lots of green beans with my sauce and meatballs.

Then after dinner, some Aldi chocolate. mmm.

And hot tea.

Emily has gone home now, and it is quiet in here. I have had a good day. Evelyn informed me that she needed four yards of fleece fabric by Monday for a project in school. She told me this a few times earlier in the week, but hey, we had time! Tomorrow I am working at the basketball game at the Dome, so we went to the fabric store today. Kathryn, Suzanne, Charlotte Claire, and Camille came along too. We chose some nice fabric to make a few little girls' dresses, and some doll clothes.

Suzanne is teaching herself to crochet by way of YouTube. She made the cutest little hat today, for Camille, lavender with a grey flower with a blue button in the middle. I love it, and love that she's keeping busy.

Those little girls are still laughing and fooling around. Sonja is in there with them, she just loves to be silly with them.

Far be it from me to not have anything to write about, but that's it. Tonight I simply have no ambition to write. I think perhaps I'll read for a while and retire...when I say, "retire", it reminds me of my mother. Sometimes I miss her so suddenly and so fiercely, I wonder how I possibly could have survived for these eight+ years without her. She was one of my very best friends....

No comments: