summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, March 11, 2016

back in new york....


We spent a day in Oslo. This is the Opera House.


Our hotel up in the mountains in Hallingdal.


The view!


From our hotel window...


Suzanne, Margaret, Sonja, and Emily played in the snow...


Margaret, Suzanne, Sonja, and Emily...


Margaret, me, Suzanne...

After our days in the mountains, we headed down the snowy windy road to the train station to spend a few days with Abigail in Oslo.


We went shopping...

We woke up at three a.m. to head toward London...the bus to the airport, a flight from Oslo to Gatwick, a train to London, then a day in London...which is a post for another day...we walked 8.98 miles...then took the train back to Gatwick, got on a plane to New York City, then...tried to drive home. After an hour or so, me falling asleep as the navigator, and finally Emily agreeing that we were too tired to drive...we stopped at a hotel for a night...

This morning, home...and here we are. Jonathan was sick when I was gone...an infection in his toe, then a high fever, so Paul took him to the hospital, and...the fever was unrelated to the infection, he has the flu. Now Cam has a fever, but at least I'm here. Being across the ocean when your little boy is sick is not easy nor fun. It didn't matter that he was in good hands.

Anyway...home, and kids are here and talking and I can't sit here writing anymore...more pictures sometime soon...










2 comments:

Martha said...

Norway is very pretty. (Reminds me a little of a recent Disney movie...)
My little girl is feeling sick too. Bad sore throat, miserable tummy. I hope her honey takes good care of her. I's sure he will, but I wonder if she misses me.
Welcome home.
:0)

Marilyn from Canada said...

Della.......I love your photos! It sounds like you had a fabulous trip! Sorry to hear about the sick kids though :-( That's not fun. This is that time of year I think.........flu etc. I hope everyone is on the mend now.

Marilyn from Canada