summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, March 28, 2016

monday morning, back in the real world....

Happy Monday Morning, everyone! I had the best sleep last night! Our trip home from Florida took 25 hours, and you know me, I don't sleep in cars...well, this trip, I tried. At one point, around 3 a.m., neither of us felt like we could drive anymore, so we stopped at a rest stop somewhere in Virginia, and tried to sleep. My eyes wanted to, but sitting up in a van seat? With six other people trying to get comfortable? The kids were pretty much zonked...

Anyway. We made it home, by one o'clock in the afternoon, of course we stopped at the grocery store in town on the way, because of Easter dinner! The ham was already in the refrigerator, but we needed applesauce, asparagus, and rolls. I made roasted red-skinned potatoes, and roasted sweet potatoes.

Mali came over with baby Lydia...


And Emily joined us after dinner.

I kept my hands off the Easter candy...I had only one little piece of chocolate, let it dissolve in my mouth while I pondered the age old question, "Why is chocolate so wonderfully good?" Camille got a white chocolate lamb, and she opened up and took a bite...she offered some to me, but I just smelled it, it smelled like childhood...I think I had one of those when I was little. I imagined opening a chocolate bunny and biting the ears off...oh yum. But I didn't go crazy on the Easter candy.

As a matter of fact, I came home from vacation weighing less than I did when I left.

Anyway. Life goes on after vacation. We are left with sunkissed skin, and good memories of sunshine, and warmth. Spending time with Grandma was so nice...

Today, my little two year old friend Annika is here, all dressed in her princess dress...Davian is here too, little sweetheart. Davian wants to do an Easter egg hunt...hmmm. Good idea.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness, Lydia is just darling!
The other day I was reading some of your original blog entries-that was so much fun. I was wondering who Molly was? She was mentioned a few times during those early postings and then she seemed to disappear.

16 blessings'mom said...

Molly (Mali) is our 7th child. A long time ago, when my kids found out about my blog, a few of the girls threw a fit. They didn't want their lives chronicled for the world. Mirielle and Mali (Mariel and Molly) said I could only mention them if I changed the spellings of their names. It seemed silly to me, but I agreed. I try to balance keeping their privacy, with being open about my own life and trials, and it's not always easy. Mali has had some trials of her own, but she is a strong and determined girl, and I am very proud of her. She didn't always make the choices I would have liked for her to make, but I love her with all my heart anyway. And her baby Lydia has been such a total blessing for all of us. Mali is such a good mommy, too.