summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

never a dull moment...ever.

I know it's not only us, every family, ever person has struggles. And compared to the sufferings in third world countries, our refrigerator woes don't even register as a blip on the Problem Radar. But still, as the kids say, the struggle is real...the refrigerator isn't cooling...again.

But, I do have the receipt now:

There. Now I won't lose it, ha.

The appliance guy, Wayne, is coming over on Friday. Until then? All the food in the refrigerator? It will have to be transferred to the small 'fridge from our camper that still graces our kitchen.

See? In comparison, First World Probs.

And yeah, I had a very short and choppy night, thank you Dukester.

But, I am not complaining. This morning we are counting our blessings. I saw an article titled, "One In Eight People Have No Close Friends, Loneliness Epidemic", or something like that. So the girls and I decided to be thankful we have friends. And a house, that Daddy has a job, that we're going to the library. Cam's thankful for the blanket she's cuddled under. I am thankful for this cup of steaming pumpkin spice coffee, which I am sipping after sweeping and washing the couch covers and wiping down the counters. Charlotte Claire is thankful for homeschooling, and that she just found three pairs of scissors in the drawer.

It is interesting, you can decide all you want to be happy, or content, or thankful...but as soon as the wind blows in the wrong direction, oh dear. Sometimes we even think, "Why ME!!?", or the ever popular, "poor me...". But the reality is that it's just another trial, another test of our faith..."no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful: nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." (Heb 12:11)

So we need the bumps in the road, the rough days, the headaches, the muddy paws and mountains of dirty clothes...so that our faith can be tested.

It's a beautiful day here in central New York state. Later the cold front will come, the wind will bring rain and snow...but for now, it's beautiful. It's like a taste of spring. Camille is so nicely refilling my pumpkin spice coffee. We are getting ready for the library...

















1 comment:

Susan said...

I am thankful that you take the time to share your life lessons with us. :-)