summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

where's wednesday?


This is today after the pool! It was SO nice to get in that water and swim! Why oh why don't I go more often? The kids loved it too. Jonathan was with Margaret and Adrian, but we had little Davian with us for the day. The only problem with swimming is it makes me hungry, ha.

Yesterday, I worked out...and when I say, "worked out", you may envision something a tiny bit more intense than what my exercise routine is at this time of my life, as in HA. I can go down about an inch with my push-ups, can't even do a sit-up, so I lie on my back and lift my heels off the floor, keeping my legs straight, and lift them right into the air...that pulls those abs good. I lift my ten pound weights, and do some aerobic things, and stretches. It's not earth shattering, but it's a start.


Converse day...before we left for gymnastics yesterday.

We had a corned beef dinner tonight...cabbage, baked potatoes, carrots, and green beans. Mirielle and Margaret came over, and it was nice...but in the back of my mind was that I had to help Jonathan pack...he's leaving tomorrow for his cruise to Mexico/Caribbean with Grandma and Abigail.

So, tomorrow we are going to the airport. I am bringing Char and Cam with me, so we can go to the fabric store on the way home to get dress patterns...I want to teach them to sew.

Anyway...the days fly by. Paul is setting in over in Ireland. Aaron called today from California, and I talked to Samuel this week too, and also Benjamin from Washington state. I like keeping in touch with my boys. If I were rich, I would use all my money to fly here and there to visit them. And maybe another trip to Jamaica with Paul. I really want to go see Aaron...he's going to be moving into a house with a pool. And visiting Ben and Ashley and Anya is on my list too. Samuel will be home before we know it, but I will be going down to Washington D.C. to pick him up.

Ah well...we are going to miss Jonny around here next week.










1 comment:

Marilyn from Canada said...

Good morning Della .......it's lovely that you are going to teach your girls to sew. When I went to school......back in the cave days in Australia........we took sewing from the 3rd grade. We made everything by hand. I remember I made a place mat and we had to embroider something on the corner. I made a simple dress when I was 11.......all by hand. It was all part of our school program. We had to knit too! My mum taught me to knit before I started school even. I tried to teach my girls to knit, but they weren't that interested. I hope Jonathan has a super time on his cruise!! What fun. Those carabbean cruises are really fun!! I've been on about 4 I think. Soooooo relaxing. Well you have a great day!!

Marilyn from Canada ......still in Arizona 🌵🦎