summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

san francisco ....

We went into the city today, and it wasn't totally foggy! We decided not to park and explore the Golden Gate Bridge, there is so much traffic, and we had already walked several blocks, stopping for an iced coffee from Blue Bottle, yummers. We really just wanted to get back to the house, and back into the pool...

So, we did! We had started the day like this:
Oh heavenly yum.

Then we went to the city...then to California Pizza for lunch...garlic chicken pizza, Buffalo cauliflower appetizer, and a lemon/blueberry cooler to drink...but the best part was the warm crusty bread with olive oil to dip it in...bread, which I try to avoid...:)

Back to the house to swim...ahh...where else would you want to be when it's 105 degrees out?

After we started getting prune-y, we decided to go to the outlet mall. I got a few gifts for a few kids at home, and bought Sonja sneakers, jeans, and a few shirts for going back to school. I suppose when you're the 13th child in a family of 16 kids, it's probably nice to be the only child for a few days, and get a little bit spoiled. I know I have totally enjoyed spending so much time with Miss Sonja K.

Here she is in Sprouts:

(grocery store nerd)

(We went there after the outlet mall to get chicken wings (to cook!), asparagus, and french fries.) We ate outside under the stars, with torches and solar lights and candles, in our bathing suits, after swimming and hot tub soaking.

While I have enjoyed this vacation immensely, I regret that I missed out on a very special birthday party, for one Miss Lydia Eleanor...
Lydia with Mali, her mama, my seventh child:)

It's hard also that Paul's mom is back in the hospital. The family keeps me updated on her, and is visiting her, but I feel guilty not being there, especially for Paul. Tomorrow is our last full day here, then on Wednesday, we head home.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I am sure you are greatly missed at home, but you deserve a little time away and how special that baby 13 got to spend some time alone with you. She is beautiful, by the way, and looks like her momma

16 blessings'mom said...

Aww, that's so nice of you to say that. Sonja K. is a beautiful girl, and very fun to be with.

Marilyn from Canada said...

It looks like you are having a great little holiday. That's good!! Those donuts looked good Della!! Were you able to resist 😳😳😂 Have you had any of those 'emergencr' texts from home? "She's not talking to me" 😂😂😂 Keep having fun and enjoy!!!

Marilyn from Canada