summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

ten years ago today....

Ten years ago today, my baby was born. Of course I didn't know she was going to be the caboose, but alas she is. She is just the biggest blessing. I don't like to repeat old stories...ha, wait, yes I do. But Camille was the baby I thought I had lost. I had the miscarriage, and went on with life...feeling sad and tired and worn out. It was a sad spring, my parents had both just passed away, and I just didn't feel well. And long story short, all those weeks, I was pregnant still after all! It was maybe a subchrionic bleed, or loss of a twin, I don't know...but at 15 or 16 weeks I went in for a check up, had a urine sample that came out still positive, then a blood test to see what was going on...the beta numbers were sky high, so the office called and said to come right in...whisked in for a sonogram, and there was a perfect little baby waving at us! I had thought ovarian cancer, but no sir, it was Camille Anaya (Anaya means: God answered.)

Anyway. We didn't know if Cam was a he or a she until she was born, but she was the best baby. She has been the best child too, and that's saying alot because I have 15 other best children, ha. But she has been a cuddler since she was born, and she still snuggles on the arm of my chair sometimes. She has a huge heart, and is very independent. She can pack for a sleepover all by herself, heat up a can of soup, make pancakes, cupcakes, and scrambled eggs. But shh, she still acts like the youngest child, and I don't mind. Because she is. And I say this: if you have had sixteen kids, and feel qualified to give advice on how to deal with the youngest, you are more than welcome, ha.

It's cold out. It's rainy and really wet, the dogs get muddy just running through the yard. I swept and mopped this morning, then the dogs came in from running about with Jonathan...he wiped them off, but I had to wipe down the whole kitchen floor again...

Coffee is on, Anne is here, and cousin Danielle has spent two nights, so it's like a little party. Except that Anne is tired and ready for her morning nap.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CAMILLE!!, 🎁🎂🎁🎂🎁🎂 Now you are double digits........wow!!! Hope you had a very great day.....

Marilyn from Canada

Tereza said...

Ha Ha I'm pretty sure NOONE is daring to give you advice :):):)

Joybells said...

Thanks for sharing the story of Camille. Just lovely!!

Joy from Salem