summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, February 13, 2023

sunshine and grumpy Monday...

 Not really grumpy...just the old hard-to-get-out-of-bed thingy.  The house was rather in shambles this fine sunny morning, as I was too pooped to clean it all up last night after everyone left. I made good old fashioned stove top popcorn, and the pan was sitting there, along with all the bowls.  Toys are still strewn all over, but I did sweep the floors.  The grandkids played outside yesterday, and it's muddy out there.  They were out and then in, even taking their shoes off when coming in, lots of mud found it's way in.  The dogs helped with that too.  

Anyway.  It was great fun, but greatly busy, too.  I made cupcakes on Saturday, and frosted them yesterday:








Some are mini, some are regular sized.  I made just the right amount of frosting this time, so I didn't put the leftover frosting bag in the refrigerator, thinking we would surely use it, and nope.  

We had the most excellent burgers, it was so nice out, I grilled them.  Margaret and Evelyn made sliders with bacon and blue cheese, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, cheese, a variety...I made some bigger burgers too, for bigger buns, or for me, with no bun.  We had some fries in the air fryer, too, well, not me.  

We got some sunshine, and it was awesome.  There were big plans to have all this charcuterie, and snacks, later, and no one was hungry.  Margaret brought over beautiful heart shaped frosted cookies, and Kathryn brought chocolate chip cookies.  I don't eat those things, but I had made some of my low carb peanut butter cookies, so I was happy.  Adrian went to the bakery and brought a dozen of the most beautiful donuts, which of course they cut up so they could sample them all.  

We had popcorn, and some blueberries later, and not the other snacks.  

Grandchildren:  they are precious.  They have energy, and when they come here and hang with cousins, they are loud and happy.  Grandpa runs and runs around the circle with them, it's hilarious.   When it's quiet time, he'll turn on Bugs Bunny on his phone.


 Grant, and Ruth in the front, Paul holding Rhys, and Achilles.  Wulf and Tennyson were there too, and Lydia and Ophelia had come and gone already.  


Achilles and Sonja K....Margaret made him an Anglerfish cookie.  He is rather obsessed with Anglerfish. (Aunt Sonja and Aunt Evelyn were such good aunties yesterday, taking kids out to play on the swings, and playing with them in the house...Ev brought these cute little paint sets with miniature easels, we had a whole painting/coloring table going on before we ate)

I got up this fine morning and went to my water aerobics class. It's nice to be going again.  I feel better, but   am still falling apart. If I walk gingerly so as not to aggravate one hip, that knee will be unsteady, then out of the blue, the other knee will give out a little, dang. My lower back is a symphony of complaints, have to lean over so carefully, if I twist one way or the other while leaning over, it screams.   So I keep moving, and being careful, and am thankful for my mobility, and hopeful that the aerobics will help.

Today's agenda:  finish cleaning up.  I swept and did dishes and cleaned up a little, but there's a little more to go.  I don't mind toys, I don't mind kids, I don't mind crazy, but ahh, sometimes the quiet is nice. 

Ah well....the sun is shining, I'm going outside for a bit...have a really nice day! 

3 comments:

Mari said...

Your cupcakes turned out so cute!
My hubby is like Paul with the grands - acts like a kid with them.
You commented on not knowing your grandparents. I didn't either, mine were all gone by the time I was 4 so I always envied kids going to see their grandparents. It's one reason I work hard to have that time with mine.

Anonymous said...

We're still cleaning up over here, too. What a time to run out of dishwasher pods! Oh well, once I get in a rhythm of hand washing, it isn't so bad. We had chili, nachos, and wings, with banana pudding and lemon loaf for dessert. Kinda weird offerings, but they sounded good and I hadn't made them in a while. Happy Monday and thanks for sharing!
Valerie

Billie Jo said...

Your cupcakes! They look delicious! And pretty. Your day sounds fun and filled with family. We had planned on some meat and cheese, and like you, I realized today we never even opened them up! Today was a quiet day here too. And like you, I love the chaos but savor the quiet. Hugs to a wonderful Mamma!