summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

well, I did it!

 I went to my water aerobics class this fine morning!  Camille actually came along too.  She's still having some trouble with her "surgery leg",which is now her good leg, it doesn't bend all the way.  It could be like that forever, she could possibly work past some scar tissue.  She's having surgery on the other knee, the one that dislocated while she was recovering from the original surgery...leaving her in two knee braces.

Anyway, she accompanied her old mama to the pool, to work those knees.  Her next surgery is in March, and she wants to be able to move more, and strengthen them.  

I had a little visit with Ashley and little Declan today, after the pool.  Coffee, conversation, and a sweet chunky grand baby, what's better than that?

In a few minutes, I'll be leaving to pick Miss Charlotte Claire up from school, we're going on an adventure...the library, the book store, maybe Target....I've owed them an outing since before the car started acting up.  Sonja is home from college for the day, the sun is shining, and it's warm out..at least 40 anyway.  

So off we go....

5 comments:

Carol said...

Have fun on your outing and I am proud of you for doing that class.

Anonymous said...

Hi Della!

Good for you!! And Camille too!! I feel so sad that she is having such issues with her young knees 😔 Maybe water aerobics will really help her. Here’s hoping.

I’m making cottage pie for supper. Here in North America in it’s called shepherds pie, in actual fact shepherds pie is made with lamb! Shepherds watch sheep, not cows 😂😂 Another piece of useless information for you 😂 I hope your adventure with your girls was fun. I think these adventures are always fun!!

Have a lovely evening 🥰

Marilyn from Canada 🇨🇦

Mari said...

Good for you! Good for Camille too. I had a knee that completely stiffened after a dislocation and surgery, but it did come back. Hope Camille's does too!

Cindy said...

A few errands done, precious time with family, a little exercise... sounds like a great day!

16 blessings'mom said...

Carol, thank you! I don't know why I am my own worst enemy sometimes! It's always such a mind game, especially in the winter, to go to that pool.
Sherperd's Pie used to be a staple here when we had so many kids home! MMMM. Marilyn, I think the water was good for Miss Cam, but shh, it is a group of old people (I love them!)...she did okay though.
Mari, glad your knee healed up. I hopeful for Cam, but there's a possibility that the tendon that was put in is just tight...
Cindy, it WAS a great day!