This has been a fine day. A puttering day. Paul and the girls got up and left before I got out of bed. I wasn't really sleeping, but was in no hurry. It was a breezy dark morning, with a chill in the air, just perfect for not getting up:)
Coffee, yes. I cleaned up the guest room, put the trundle back and folded things up and vacuumed in there. I vacuumed over near the door, and along edges and the main floors. I picked up stray toys, and did a few loads of laundry. I sat at the table with the bowl of apples, peeled and sliced some and put together two pans of applesauce (made with two huge jars of unsweetened applesauce, sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon). They are covered in foil and in the 'fridge for tomorrow. I got out the 9+ pound piece of pork loin, cut it in half, sprinkled it with lime juice, then covered it with a mixture of salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, butter garlic seasoning, and steak seasoning. It's in a foil covered pan in the fridge too. (I'll also make mashed potatoes tomorrow) I cleaned out the refrigerator a bit too. Then I used my new toy, the fun vac/mop and did the floors. I moved some furniture, and did a nice job.
I talked to Abigail on the phone. She's been discharged from the hospital, she was in three nights for her c-section. Now she is a visitor, and is visiting Nicole and delivering milk to her. Nicole is doing okay, her oxygen has been increased again because of blood pressure issues. I don't pretend to understand it all. Paul and I both have camera access and can peek in on her whenever we want to, and we do! She's the cutest little thing!
The girls are gone again, to a friend's house to watch a movie. Paul is here, football is on, I am tuning it out. Kitty is on the arm of my chair, and I am very comfy. I got on the exercise bike a little while ago. Dinner: I made waffles for the girls (Paul had a big lunch and wasn't hungry, I hadn't eaten anything but a packet of nuts so I was!), and chaffles for me. I've explained the recipe before, but here it is again: 2 eggs, whisked with some vanilla. Add a few spoons of almond flour, a tiny bit of baking powder if you want, then add a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. It goes into a hot waffle iron, sprayed with non-stick spray, and mmmm. I added a teaspoon of brown sugar to it too, then just a splash of real maple syrup and a little bit of real whipped cream. It was a nice filling dinner.
But shh, I did have some kettle corn a little while ago. Only one serving though. I didn't bring the bag out, so much easier that way, just fill one bowl and put the bag away...it doesn't always work, but we try.
So wasn't that a wonderful and exciting Saturday? Tomorrow will be totally different, church then having the family over....so far I think around 24 will be here. Kathryn is making bread, Margaret is bringing sheet veggies, Mariel is bringing something, not sure what. It'll be loud and crazy and chaotic, and I will love every bit of it.
You all have a really good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment