summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, September 9, 2026

the middle of the week....

 ...and it is so rainy and cozy.  I went to the pool this fine morning, then out to brekky with the swim class.  The little diner in town does a really nice job, home made bread...yeah, I had the raisin toast, with scrambled eggs and crispy hash browns.  Their coffee is top notch, and I ask for a bit of heavy cream to put in it, this time the waitress brought it over without me even asking!  They will be closing soon for the winter, and going to Florida with their food truck.  

We had a nice time over our coffee though.  A few of the ladies are quite old, one had fallen and really scraped up her legs so she wasn't able to go to class, but made it to breakfast.  They are all really nice, we get along just fine.  I've learned a few things along the way of life, and try to put them into practice:  I don't have to be right.  I don't have to get the last word, or even any word, of every conversation.  Sometimes it's nice to just listen.  I don't have to agree with everyone, or anyone, but I also don't have to say anything.  (if they all want to sing the praises of the Covid vaccine, let them!  Also, I don't care who you want for president, or whom you dislike, we can still be friends!).     

Tomorrow night, I am going out to dinner with some of my closest friends in the world, my sister's girls.  It's her birthday, and she's in heaven now, but we still want to get together and remember her.  Last year we took her out to lunch, not realizing it would be the last time.  

This fine morning, after breakfast, I came home and cleaned out some more things.  We don't need a toaster anymore as we toast our bread in the air fryer.  We never use our little coffee maker anymore as we have the espresso machine and some pour-overs.  There are pans and decorations and odds and ends that have been sitting on shelves...we simply don't need.  So two more bags are filled for tomorrow's thrift store drop off!

I do want to go through the cupboards again, but I don't think that will be next. Maybe my closet and dresser....hmmm.  

When I was finishing up weeding things out, Sonja called and was going to Aldi with Kaia, did I want to come?  Of course!  I didn't need anything because I was there yesterday, but I got to push the cart with Kaia in it, and show her all the stuff in the store...the scary mirror, which she thought was funny, a big skeleton sitting at one of the empty registers, which she also thought was funny...she's afraid of balloons, but likes skeletons:). 

Home again...I cut up chicken this morning, and Camille made the peanut chicken marinade, so we'll be having that for dinner, mmm.  

To all of my Florida friends:  sometimes I really envy your warmth and sunshine, but there is NOTHING like a New York autumn.  The dark rainy days, the crispness in the air, the leaves are starting to turn...right now it is absolutely lovely.  

You all have a really good afternoon!

No comments: